Dr. Liliana Beltran has lectured and published extensively on topics of daylighting, energy efficiency in buildings, advanced lighting technologies, climatic responsive architecture and tools for green building design.
education and training
- M. Arch. in Architecture, National University of Engineering - (Lima, Peru)
- Ph.D. in Architecture, University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States)
- M. Arch. in , University of Oregon - (Eugene, Oregon, United States)
- Beltrán, L. O., Boland, J., González-Aguilar, J., Middleton, P., & Rincón-Mejía, E. A. (2015). Editorial to the Special Issue ISES Solar World Congress 2013 (SWC 2013) “Renewables working together for all”. SOLAR ENERGY. 121, 1-1.
- Choi, J., Beltran, L. O., & Kim, H. (2012). Impacts of indoor daylight environments on patient average length of stay (ALOS) in a healthcare facility. Building and Environment. 50, 65-75.
- Fernández-Sols, J. L., Pathak, R., Lavy, S., Beltrán, L. O., Son, K., & Kim, K. (2011). Framework for selecting performance assessment tools for achieving leed 3.0 credits. Architectural Engineering and Design Management. 7(4), 236-250.
- Beltrán, L. O., Lee, E. S., & Selkowitz, S. E. (1997). Advanced Optical Daylighting Systems: Light Shelves and Light Pipes. JOURNAL OF THE ILLUMINATING ENGINEERING SOCIETY. 26(2), 91-106.
- Beltran, L. O., Lee, E. S., & Selkowitz, S. E. (1997). Advanced optical daylighting systems: Light shelves and light pipes. JOURNAL OF THE ILLUMINATING ENGINEERING SOCIETY. 26(2), 163.
- Wang, J., Beltrán, L. O., & Kim, J. (2014). A parametric simulation study on kinetic envelopes. 2, 1254-1258.
- Kim, J., Beltrán, L. O., & Wang, J. (2012). A review of daylighting qualities in two assisted living facilities in a hot and humid climate. 5, 3577-3583.
- Islam, S., & Beltrán, L. (2012). A study on zoning regulations' impact on ventilation rate in non-conditioned apartment buildings in Dhaka city. 5, 3584-3591.
- Wang, J., Beltrán, L. O., & Kim, J. (2012). From static to kinetic: A review of acclimated kinetic building envelopes. 5, 4022-4029.
- Beltran, L. O., & Mansour, N. (2011). A passive core daylighting technology. 1, 870-876.
Institutional Repository Documents11
- Beltran, L. (2017). Experimental Rotating Room for Daylighting Studies.
- Beltran, L. (2017). Using Sunlight as a Light Source in Building Cores.
- Al-Qattan, E., Beltrán, L., & Yan, W. (2017). Hybrid workstations: Establishing interactive and responsive user-interfaces for daylight applications. Simulation Series.
- Zomorodian, Z., Azizkhani, M., & Beltran, L. (2017). \"Evaluation of Thermal and Visual Comfort in University Classrooms: The Cases of Two LEED Silver Certified Buildings on the Campus of Texas A&M University.
- Visitsak, S., Beltran, L., & Sridaranon, N. (2017). The Daylighting Performance of an Integrated Skylight and Shading Dome for the Tropics.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Bae, Junseo (2017-05). A Multi-Contextual Approach to Modeling the Impact of Critical Highway Work Zones in Large Urban Corridors. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Wang, Jialiang (2014-05). Integrating Acclimated Kinetic Envelopes into Sustainable Building Design. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Jori, Swapnil Shriram (2010-12). Glass as a Building Element - A Sustainable Approach: A Study of an Existing Academic Building. (Master's Thesis)
- Upadhyaya, Kapil (2008-08). Evaluation of a Deep Plan Office Space Daylit with an Optical Light Pipe and a Specular Light Shelf. (Master's Thesis)
- Arnold, Althea Gayle (2008-05). Development of a method for recording energy costs and uses during the construction process. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Architecture; 3137 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3137