Our research lies at the interface between signal processing, machine learning, neural computation, robotics and sensor systems. Our interest is in understanding how sensory systems (man-made or biological) perceive, interact with, learn from and adapt to their environments under a number of modalities, including chemical, acoustic, visual, and physiological. In the process, we draw motivation from multiple disciplines, from neurobiology to perceptual psychology
- Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Minor in Artificial Intelligence, North Carolina State University - (Raleigh, North Carolina, United States) 1998
- M.S. in Computer Engineering, North Carolina State University - (Raleigh, North Carolina, United States) 1995
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Minor in Electronics and Control Systems, Technical University of Madrid - (Madrid, Spain) 1992
- Ding, S., Zhao, G., & Gutierrez-Osuna, R. (2021). Accentron: Foreign accent conversion to arbitrary non-native speakers using zero-shot learning. Computer Speech & Language. 101302-101302.
- Hagve, M., Simbo, S. Y., Ruebush, L. E., Engelen, M., Gutierrez-Osuna, R., Mortazavi, B. J., Cote, G. L., & Deutz, N. (2021). Postprandial concentration of circulating branched chain amino acids are able to predict the carbohydrate content of the ingested mixed meal. CLINICAL NUTRITION. 40(8), 5020-5029.
- Parnandi, A., & Gutierrez-Osuna, R. (2019). Visual Biofeedback and Game Adaptation in Relaxation Skill Transfer. IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing. 10(2), 276-289.
- Ahmed, B., Monroe, P., Hair, A., Tan, C. T., Gutierrez-Osuna, R., & Ballard, K. J. (2018). Speech-driven mobile games for speech therapy: User experiences and feasibility. International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology. 20(6), 1-15.
- McKechnie, J., Ahmed, B., Gutierrez-Osuna, R., Monroe, P., McCabe, P., & Ballard, K. J. (2018). Automated speech analysis tools for children’s speech production: A systematic literature review. International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology. 20(6), 1-17.
- Monteiro, C., Shipman, F., & Gutierrez-Osuna, R. (2018). Comparing Visual, Textual, and Multimodal Features for Detecting Sign Language in Video Sharing Sites. 7-12.
- Hair, A., Monroe, P., Ahmed, B., Ballard, K. J., & Gutierrez-Osuna, R. (2018). Apraxia world: a speech therapy game for children with speech sound disorders. 119-131.
- Gutierrez-Osuna, R., & Schiffman, S. S. (2017). Welcome message from the chairs. iv-v.
- Wang, Z., Jin, T., Lin, P., & Gutierrez-Osuna, R. (2017). Mixture Quantification in the Presence of Unknown Interferences. 1-3.
- Karkamkar, P., & Gutierrez-Osuna, R. (2017). Optical Computation of Chemometrics Projections Using a Digital Micromirror Device. 1-3.
- NSF Grant Helps Researchers Develop New Diabetic Diet Monitoring Method Newswise November 16, 2020
- Researchers Develop New Diabetic Diet Monitoring Method Texas A&M Today November 6, 2020
- Multitasking in the workplace can lead to negative emotions ScienceDaily May 11, 2020
- Parnandi, Avinash Rao (2017-05). Physiological Self Regulation with Biofeedback Games. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lee, Joseph Sung (2016-05). Appearance and Geometry Assisted Visual Navigation in Urban Areas. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Huang, Jin (2016-05). Active Wavelength Selection for Chemical Identification Using Tunable Spectroscopy. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lan, Tian (2015-12). Health Ninjas: A Personalized Biofeedback Game to Teach Children Deep Breathing and Nutrition Knowledge. (Master's Thesis)
- Aryal, Sandesh (2015-12). Statistical Parametric Methods for Articulatory-Based Foreign Accent Conversion. (Doctoral Dissertation)