education and training
- Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Akron - (Akron, Ohio, United States) 1988
- M.A. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Akron - (Akron, Ohio, United States) 1985
- B.A. in Psychology with Sociology, University of Ghana - (Accra, Ghana) 1979
- Beus, J. M., Lucianetti, L., & Arthur, W. (2020). Clash of the climates: Examining the paradoxical effects of climates for promotion and prevention. Personnel Psychology. 73(2), 241-269.
- Arthur, W. (2020). Introduction to the Inaugural Issue of the Annual “Psychometric Development and Evaluation of Measures in the Organizational Sciences” Series. HUMAN PERFORMANCE. 33(2-3), 1-3.
- Hardy, J. H., Day, E. A., & Arthur, W. (2019). Exploration-exploitation tradeoffs and information-knowledge gaps in self-regulated learning: Implications for learner-controlled training and development. Human Resource Management Review. 29(2), 196-217.
- Beus, J. M., Payne, S. C., Arthur, W., & Muñoz, G. J. (2019). The Development and Validation of a Cross-Industry Safety Climate Measure: Resolving Conceptual and Operational Issues. JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT. 45(5), 1987-2013.
- Arthur, W., Keiser, N. L., Hagen, E., & Traylor, Z. (2018). Unproctored internet-based device-type effects on test scores: The role of working memory. Intelligence. 67, 67-75.
- Doverspike, D., Taylor, M. A., & Arthur, W. (2006). Psychological Perspective on Affirmative Action. Nova Publishers.
- Winfred Arthur, J. r., Bennett, W., & Huffcutt, A. I. (2001). Conducting Meta-Analysis Using SAS. Psychology Press.
- Doverspike, D., Taylor, M. A., & Arthur, W. (2000). Affirmative Action A Psychological Perspective. Nova Science Pub Incorporated.
- Bennett, W., Woehr, D. J., & Lance, C. E. (2014). Performance Measurement. Performance Measurement: Current Perspectives and Future Challenges. (pp. 175-204). Psychology Press.
- Arthur, W. E., Villado, A. J., & Bennett, W. (2013). Innovations in team task analysis: Identifying team-based task elements, tasks, and jobs. Wilson, M. A., Bennett, W., Gibson, G., & Alliger, G. M. (Eds.), The handbook of work analysis in organizations: The methods, systems, applications, and science of work measurement in organizations. (pp. 641-661). Routledge.
- Doverspike, .., & Arthur, W. E. (2013). The role of job analysis in test selection and development. Wilson, M. A., Bennett, W., Gibson, G., & Alliger, G. M. (Eds.), The handbook of work analysis in organizations: The methods, systems, applications, and science of work measurement in organizations. (pp. 381-399). Routledge.
- Arthur, W. E. (2013). Dimension-based assessment centers: Theoretical perspectives. Jackson, D., Lance, C. E., & Hoffman, B. J. (Eds.), The Psychology of Assessment Centers. (pp. 95-120). Routledge.
- Dipboye, R. L., & Colella, A. (2013). Discrimination at Work. Discrimination at Work: The Psychological and Organizational Bases. (pp. 329-352). Psychology Press.
- Beus, J. M., Munoz, G. J., Arthur, W., & Payne, S. C. (2013). A multilevel construct validation of safety climate. Academy of Management Proceedings. 2013(1), 10843-214.
- Edwards, B. D., & Arthur, W. (2007). An Examination of Factors Contributing to a Reduction in Subgroup Differences on a Constructed-Response Paper-and-Pencil Test of Scholastic Achievement. Journal of Applied Psychology. 92(3), 794-801.
- Edwards, B. D., Day, E. A., Arthur, W., & Bell, S. T. (2006). Relationships Among Team Ability Composition, Team Mental Models, and Team Performance. Journal of Applied Psychology. 91(3), 727-736.
- Arthur, W., Woehr, D. J., & Graziano, W. G. (2001). Personality testing in employment settings. Personnel Review. 30(6), 657-676.
- Arthur, W., Bennett, W., Stanush, P. L., & McNelly, T. L. (1998). Factors That Influence Skill Decay and Retention: A Quantitative Review and Analysis. HUMAN PERFORMANCE. 11(1), 57-101.
in the news
awards and honors
- Cornerstone Faculty Fellow conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - College of Liberal Arts 2008
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Gonzalez, Antonio (2019-12). THE USE OF ASSESSMENT CENTERS AS A MEANS TO DEVELOP TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP. (Master's Thesis)
- Miller, Nolan J (2019-12). Employer-Based Behavioral Safety Programs for Commercial Motor Vehicle Drivers: Examining the Role of Individual, Organizational, and Methodological Factors on Their Effectiveness. (Master's Thesis)
- Costa, Paula Leal (2019-12). Team Composition and Virtuality: A Meta-Analysis. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Manzanares, Alejandra Nataly (2019-12). Selection in Team-Based Settings Through a Personnel, Organizational, and Methodological Lens. (Master's Thesis)
- Smittick, Amber Leola (2019-12). The In-Between: A Meta-Analytic Investigation of Stereotype Threat Effects on Mediators of the Stereotype Threat-Performance Relationship. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Psychology; 4235 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4235