Dr. Capik's research interests include the characterization, transmission dynamics, diagnosis, and control of Bovine Respiratory Disease (BRD). She has investigated potential methods to mitigate stress in cattle, used behavioral monitoring to identify sick cattle, and evaluated diagnostic sampling strategies for BRD.
- Ph.D. in Pathobiology (Epidemiology), Kansas State University - (Manhattan, Kansas, United States) 2016
- D.V.M. in , University of Florida - (Gainesville, Florida, United States) 2013
- B.S. in Animal Science - Equine Industry, University of Florida - (Gainesville, Florida, United States) 2008
- Chitko-McKown, C. G., Bennett, G. L., Kuehn, L. A., DeDonder, K. D., Apley, M. D., Harhay, G. P., ... Lubbers, B. V. (2021). Cytokine and Haptoglobin Profiles From Shipping Through Sickness and Recovery in Metaphylaxis- or Un-Treated Cattle. Frontiers in Veterinary Science. 8, 611927.
- Chitko-McKown, C. G., Bierman, S. L., Kuehn, L. A., Bennett, G. L., DeDonder, K. D., Apley, M. D., ... Lubbers, B. V. (2021). Detection of bovine inflammatory cytokines IL-1β, IL-6, and TNF-α with a multiplex electrochemiluminescent assay platform. Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology. 237, 110274-110274.
- Myer, P. R., McDaneld, T. G., Kuehn, L. A., Dedonder, K. D., Apley, M. D., Capik, S. F., ... Smith, T. (2020). Classification of 16S rRNA reads is improved using a niche-specific database constructed by near-full length sequencing. PLoS ONE. 15(7), e0235498-e0235498.
- Clawson, M. L., Schuller, G., Dickey, A. M., Bono, J. L., Murray, R. W., Sweeney, M. T., ... Smith, T. (2020). Differences between predicted outer membrane proteins of genotype 1 and 2 Mannheimia haemolytica. BMC Microbiology. 20(1), 250.
- Harhay, G. P., Harhay, D. M., Bono, J. L., Capik, S. F., DeDonder, K. D., Apley, M. D., ... Smith, T. (2020). Publisher Correction: A Computational Method to Quantify the Effects of Slipped Strand Mispairing on Bacterial Tetranucleotide Repeats. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. 10(1), 1633.