As a clinical-track full-professor, my appointment is designated to be approximately 70% clinical service, 10% teaching, 10% service, and 10% scholarly activity. The instructional effort is a combination of clinical, didactic and laboratory instruction of professional students, interns and residents. The service effort includes all non-student teaching and non-scholarly related activities required to enable and enhance the activities of the department, hospital, school and university. The scholarly activity effort includes publishing book chapters, case reports, journal articles, and presenting continuing education programs that demonstrate my clinical expertise and experience with large numbers of cases.
My clinic time was divided between the soft tissue and orthopedic surgery services through 2015. For the first five years, I also taught for several weeks each year on the general surgery service. I directed the physical rehabilitation service from 2009 until 2018. Since 2015, my clinical appointment has been with the soft tissue surgery service, including the surgical oncology service when it was established in 2017.
- GradD. in Veterinary Education - Meritorious, University of London - (London, United Kingdom) 2020
- M.S. in Education for Healthcare Professionals, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2019
- B.S. in Sports & Health Sciences with conc. in Exercise Science, cum laude, American Public University System - (Charles Town, West Virginia, United States) 2017
- M.S. in Exercise Science & Health Promotion, and Rehabilitation Science & Wellness Coaching, California University of Pennsylvania - (California, Pennsylvania, United States) 2017
- M.S. in Veterinary Clinical Science, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 1991
- D.V.M. in , University of Minnesota - (Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States) 1986
- B.S. in Biology, University of Minnesota - (Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States) 1984
- Azevedo, C. N., Sterman, A. A., Stranahan, L. W., Taylor, B. M., Wiener, D. J., Davidson, J. R., & Russell, K. E. (2020). Pathologic and flow cytometric features of a case of canine ventral cervical lymphangiosarcoma. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation. 32(3), 476-480.
- Dongaonkar, K. R., Linden, D., Davidson, J. R., Boothe, H. W., Tillson, D. M., & Matz, B. M. (2019). Partial splenectomy for incidentally detected non-ruptured splenic lesions in dogs: 18 cases (2004-2018).. CANADIAN VETERINARY JOURNAL-REVUE VETERINAIRE CANADIENNE. 60(11), 1194-1198.
- Plumlee, Q. D., Hernandez, A. M., Clark, S. D., Bascuñán, A., Davidson, J., & Mansell, J. (2016). High-Grade Myxoid Liposarcoma (Round Cell Variant) in a Dog. Journal of Comparative Pathology. 155(4), 305-309.
- Davidson, J. R. (2015). Current Concepts in Wound Management and Wound Healing Products. Veterinary Clinics of North America Small Animal Practice. 45(3), 537-564.
- Snow, L. A., McConnico, R. S., Morgan, T. W., Hartmann, E., Davidson, J. R., & Hosgood, G. (2014). Carprofen-induced oxidative stress in mitochondria of the colonic mucosa of the dog.. CANADIAN JOURNAL OF VETERINARY RESEARCH-REVUE CANADIENNE DE RECHERCHE VETERINAIRE. 78(3), 183-192.
- Davidson, J. (2018). Feeding Tubes. Johnston, S. A., & Tobias, K. M. (Eds.), Veterinary Surgery: Small Animal, 2nd Ed.. (pp. 1901-1917). Elsevier.
- Rafferty, A., & Davidson, J. R. (2017). Home Exercises. Physical Rehabilitation for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses. (pp. 79-94). John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Davidson, J., & Black, D. (2015). Small Animal Pyometra. Small Animal Surgical Emergencies. (pp. 397-402). John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Davidson, J. R. (2014). Gastric dilatation-volvulus. Current Techniques in Small Animal Surgery, Fifth Edition. (pp. 263-267).
- Davidson, J. R. (2014). Otopharyngeal/otic polyps in cats. Current Techniques in Small Animal Surgery, Fifth Edition. (pp. 232-235).