Robert Strong Jr. is an Associate Professor in the Department of Agricultural Leadership. Education, and Communications at Texas A&M University. He investigates innovation adoption in agricultural sciences and extension contexts including electronic Reusable Learning Objects (RLOs), Information Communication Technologies (ICTs), precision agriculture, and virtual reality. He evaluates stakeholder adoption and impact resulting from participation in training programs.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Education and Communication, University of Florida - (Gainesville, Florida, United States) 2010
- M.S. in Extension Education, University of Tennessee at Knoxville - (Knoxville, Tennessee, United States) 2001
- B.S. in Animal Science, Middle Tennessee State University - (Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States) 1996
- Strong, R., Wynn, J. T., Lindner, J. R., & Palmer, K. (2022). Evaluating Brazilian Agriculturalists' IoT Smart Agriculture Adoption Barriers: Understanding Stakeholder Salience Prior to Launching an Innovation.. Sensors (Basel). (18), 6833-6833.
- Baker, C. N., Strong, R., McCord, C., & Redwine, T. (2022). Evaluating the Effects of Social Capital, Self-Stigma, and Social Identity in Predicting Behavioral Intentions of Agricultural Producers to Seek Mental Health Assistance.. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 19(19), 12110-12110.
- Ahn, J., Briers, G., Baker, M., Price, E., Djebou, D., Strong, R., Pina, M., & Kibriya, S. (2022). Food security and agricultural challenges in West-African rural communities: a machine learning analysis. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF FOOD PROPERTIES. 25(1), 827-844.
- Ahn, J., Briers, G., Baker, M., Price, E., Strong, R., Pia, M., Zickafoose, A., & Lu, P. (2022). Radio Communications on Family Planning: Case of West Africa.. Int J Environ Res Public Health. (8), 4577-4577.
- Baker, C., Strong, R., McCord, C., & Redwine, T. (2022). Seeking support for mental health: Evaluating social identity, social capital, and self-stigma of agricultural producers and their help-seeking preferences. Advancements in Agricultural Development. (1), 57-69.
- Strong Jr, R., Edney, K., & Hanagriff, R. (2017). Enhancing food security in the world's youngest nation: a case study of agricultural extension in South Sudan. McNamara, P. E., & Moore, A. (Eds.), Building Agricultural Extension Capacity in Post-Conflict Settings Case Studies. 62-73. CABI.
- Strong, R., Strong, J., Palmer, K., & Miller, B. J. (2022). Evaluating Student Outcomes from a College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Leadership Development Program. American Association for Agricultural Education Proceedings of the Annual National Research Conference May 16 - 19, 2022 | Oklahoma City, OK | Volume 49, American Association for Agricultural Education. 777-791.
- Lee, C., & Strong, R. (2022). The Neglect of Marginalized Farmers in the Innovation-Decision Process: Precision Agriculture Adoption Attributes for Smallholder Farmers. 2022 CONFERENCE OF THE ASSOCIATION FOR INTERNATIONAL AGRICULTURAL AND EXTENSION EDUCATION, Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education. 47-51.
Repository Documents / Preprints19
- Ray, N., & Strong, R. (2022). A Roadmap for Planning Inclusive and Equitable Academic Discourse.
- Sprayberry, S., Strong, R., & Murphrey, T. (2022). A Systematic Review of Youth Programs Addressing Agricultural Literacy and Nutrition.
- Seitz, P., Strong, R., Hague, S., & Murphrey, T. (2022). Evaluation of Extension Agents Sustainable Cotton Training Needs Using the Ranked Discrepancy Model (RDM).
- Biotechnology communications for journalists - Indonesia awarded by USDA-Foreign Agricultural Service 2015 - 2016
- Olsovsky, Taylor B (2021-01). Texas Beef Cattle Producers' Behavioral Intention to Adopt Recommended Stocking Rates: Implications for Water and Land Quality. (Master's Thesis)
- Anderson, Amber Lee (2020-11). Three Articles on USDA RD's Water and Waste Disposal Direct Loan and Grant Program in Oklahoma: An Evaluation. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Baker, Carrie Nichol (2020-04). Predicting Behavioral Intention of Agricultural Producers to Seek Mental Health Assistance: The Influence of Social Identity, Social Capital, and Self-Stigma. (Master's Thesis)
- Ray, Frances Nicole (2019-05). Pin It, Share It, Like It, Retweet It: California Agriculture Teachers Perceived Usefulness of Social Media in their Professional Learning. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Baker, Mitchell Wade (2019-05). Investigating the Feasibility of Incorporating an Agricultural Education Component: A Case Study of the Girl Power Project. (Master's Thesis)