Robert Strong Jr. is an Associate Professor in the Department of Agricultural Leadership. Education, and Communications at Texas A&M University. He investigates innovation adoption in agricultural sciences and extension contexts including electronic Reusable Learning Objects (RLOs), Information Communication Technologies (ICTs), precision agriculture, and virtual reality. He evaluates stakeholder adoption and impact resulting from participation in training programs.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Education and Communication, University of Florida - (Gainesville, Florida, United States) 2010
- M.S. in Extension Education, University of Tennessee at Knoxville - (Knoxville, Tennessee, United States) 2001
- B.S. in Animal Science, Middle Tennessee State University - (Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States) 1996
- Lee, C., Strong, R., & Dooley, K. E. (2021). Analyzing Precision Agriculture Adoption across the Globe: A Systematic Review of Scholarship from 1999–2020. Sustainability (Switzerland). 13(18), 10295-10295.
- Olsovsky, T., Strong, R., & Berthold, A. (2021). Enhancing landowner adoption of the Natural Resource Conservation Service’s recommended beef cattle grazing management practices. Advancements in Agricultural Development. 2(1), 56-69.
- Strong, R., Dooley, K., Murphrey, T., Strong, J., Elbert, C., & Baker, M. (2021). The EVAL framework: Developing impact evaluation scholars. Advancements in Agricultural Development. 2(3), 1-13.
- Mikwamba, K., Dessein, J., Kambewa, D., Messely, L., & Strong, R. (2020). Collaborative governance dynamics in innovation platforms: case of Malawi’s District Stakeholder Panel. The Journal of Agricultural Education and Extension. 27(2), 1-21.
- Huynh, P., Murphrey, T., Dooley, K., Strong, R., & Dooley, L. (2019). An Examination of Postsecondary Agricultural Education Instructors’ Perspectives of the Case Study Instructional Technique and the Development of a Model to Encourage Use.. Journal of Agricultural Education.
- Strong Jr, R., Edney, K., & Hanagriff, R. (2017). Enhancing food security in the world's youngest nation: a case study of agricultural extension in South Sudan. McNamara, P. E., & Moore, A. (Eds.), Building Agricultural Extension Capacity in Post-Conflict Settings Case Studies. 62-73. CABI.
- Biotechnology communications for journalists - Indonesia awarded by USDA-Foreign Agricultural Service 2015 - 2016
- Ray, Frances Nicole (2019-05). Pin It, Share It, Like It, Retweet It: California Agriculture Teachers Perceived Usefulness of Social Media in their Professional Learning. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Baker, Mitchell Wade (2019-05). Investigating the Feasibility of Incorporating an Agricultural Education Component: A Case Study of the Girl Power Project. (Master's Thesis)
- Verfurth, Lauren Christine (2018-08). Investigating the Roles of Competencies on Validation of Youth Livestock Projects: An Analysis of an Online Livestock Project Curriculum. (Master's Thesis)
- Wynn, John T (2017-12). Innovation Diffusion Among Farmers in Developing Countries. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Keppler, Katlin Danielle (2017-08). Examining the Aspirations and Expectations of Haitian Eighth Grade Students. (Master's Thesis)