Dr. Patrick Linke is a Professor of Chemical Engineering and the Chair of the Chemical Engineering Program at Texas A&M University at Qatar. He also serves as the Executive Director of the Office of Graduate Studies. He is a co-founder and director of the Qatar Sustainable Water and Energy Utilization Initiative (QWE), a center of excellence for research and capacity building at Texas A&M University in Education City. Dr. Linke is a process systems engineer and his activities focus on the design of efficient processes, integrated systems and associated infrastructures. Dr. Linke regularly serves on numerous national and international committees. He served as Chief Engineer for the Qatar National Food Security Programme (QNFSP) in the Office of the Heir Apparent from 2009-2014.
He currently leads research into innovating desalination process designs with a focus on membrane-based systems, the optimal use of renewable forms of energy in desalination, desalination infrastructure planning, the efficient use of energy in industrial zones, the synthesis of novel materials for power generation from alternative energy sources, and the development of tools to minimize environmental impacts from industrial activities.
- Ph.D. in Process Integration, University of Manchester - (Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom) 2001
- M.Sc. in Process Integration, University of Manchester - (Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom) 1997
- D.E. in Chemical Engineering, Cologne University of Applied Sciences - (Cologne, Germany) 1996
- Lameh, M., Al-Mohannadi, D. M., & Linke, P (2022). Minimum marginal abatement cost curves (Mini-MAC) for CO2 emissions reduction planning. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy. 24(1), 143-159.
- Shehab, S., Al-Mohannadi, D. M., & Linke, P (2021). Chemical production process portfolio optimization. Chemical Engineering Research and Design. 167, 207-217.
- Al-Mohannadi, D. M., Abdulaziz, K., Alnouri, S. Y., & Linke, P. (2021). On the Systematic Allocation of Natural Gas under Footprint Constraints in Industrial Clusters. PRES2016: 19TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON PROCESS INTEGRATION, MODELING AND OPTIMIZATION FOR ENERGY SAVINGS AND POLLUTION REDUCTION. 52, 769-774.
- Al-Mohannadi, D. M., Abdulaziz, K., Alnouri, S. Y., & Linke, P. (2021). On the synthesis of carbon constrained natural gas monetization networks. Journal of Cleaner Production. 168, 735-745.
- Bishnu, S. K., Fouladi, J., Linke, P., & El-Halwagi, M. (2018). Stochastic Optimization Tools for Water-Heat Nexus Problems. 20TH EUROPEAN SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER AIDED PROCESS ENGINEERING. 13th International Symposium on Process Systems Engineering (PSE 2018). 1987-1992. Elsevier.
- Fouladi, J., & Linke, P. (2018). Sustainable Industrial Water and Energy Nexus Integration for an Industrial Park. 20TH EUROPEAN SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER AIDED PROCESS ENGINEERING. 13th International Symposium on Process Systems Engineering (PSE 2018). 1981-1986. Elsevier.
- Al-Mohannadi, D. M., Fouladi, J., & Linke, P. (2018). Sustainable carbon constrained natural gas monetization networks in industrial parks. 20TH EUROPEAN SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER AIDED PROCESS ENGINEERING. 13th International Symposium on Process Systems Engineering (PSE 2018). 433-438. Elsevier.
- Papadopoulos, A. I., Tsivintzelis, I., Linke, P., & Seferlis, P. (2018). Computer-Aided Molecular Design: Fundamentals, Methods, and Applications. Reference Module in Chemistry, Molecular Sciences and Chemical Engineering. Elsevier.
- Alnouri, S., Linke, P., El-Halwagi, M., Shaik, M., Karmakar, S., & Varekar, V. (2017). 2 Water Management. The Water–Food–Energy Nexus. 69-114. CRC Press.
- Lara, J., Weichold, M., & Linke, P. (2020). Work in Progress: Incorporating Sustainable Development Fundamentals in the First-year Engineering Program. 2020 ASEE Virtual Annual Conference Content Access Proceedings, 2020 ASEE Virtual Annual Conference Content Access.
- Zhang, C., Linke, P., & El-Halwagi, M. (2019). Towards safe and reliable eco-industrial parks: An integration and optimization approach. Meet the Industry Candidates Poster Session 2019, Held at the 2019 AIChE Spring Meeting and 15th Global Congress on Process Safety. 8.
- Fouladi, J., & Linke, P. (2018). A Systematic Approach for Designing Sustainable Industrial WaterEnergy Integration Network. Qatar Foundation Annual Research Conference Proceedings Volume 2018 Issue 1, Qatar Foundation Annual Research Conference Proceedings.
- Stijepovic, M. Z., Papadopoulos, A. I., Linke, P., Stijepovic, V., Grujic, A. S., Kijevanin, M., & Seferlis, P. (2017). Targeting and Design of Organic Rankine Cycle Systems for Multiple Heat Sources with Simultaneous Working Fluid Selection. 27TH EUROPEAN SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER AIDED PROCESS ENGINEERING, PT A. 40, 769-774.
- Al-Mohannadi, D., Abdulaziz, K., Alnouri, S., & Linke, P (2016). On the systematic allocation of natural gas under footprint constraints in industrial clusters. 22nd International Congress of Chemical and Process Engineering, CHISA 2016 and 19th Conference on Process Integration, Modelling and Optimisation for Energy Saving and Pollution Reduction, PRES 2016. 2, 951.
- Al-Mohannadi, Dhabia Mohammed S A (2018-08). Systematic Methods for the Design of Industrial Clusters with Capped Carbon Emissions. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Naser, Mona Ahmad Hussein (2018-05). Utility System Optimization Under Air Quality Considerations. (Master's Thesis)
- Fouladi, Jamileh (2017-12). A Systematic Approach for Designing Industrial Park Integration Networks Across the Water-Energy Nexus. (Master's Thesis)
- Al-Ani, Omar Ahmad (2017-05). Targeting Power Generation from Waste Heat Streams. (Master's Thesis)
- Chauhan, Varun Mahendra (2016-08). Synthesis of Optimal Hybrid Membrane Networks for Seawater Desalination Coupled with Salt Production Processes. (Master's Thesis)