Davis, Lauren individual record
Instructional Assistant Professor
- Instructional Assistant Professor, Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, School of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Primary research focus is on the role of canine mesenchymal stem cells in bone and cartilage tissue engineering and their use in bone regeneration. Characterization of human and canine osteogenic transcriptional profiles. Collaborative research includes the use of shape memory polymer scaffolds as self-fitting scaffolds for bone defect healing in animal models and bison management and conservation.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Genetics, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2015
- M.S. in Animal Science, Texas A&M University - Kingsville - (Kingsville, Texas, United States) 2008
- B.S. in Molecular Biology, Texas Lutheran University - (Seguin, Texas, United States) 2006
- Saunders, W. B., Dejardin, L. M., Soltys-Niemann, E. V., Kaulfus, C. N., Eichelberger, B. M., Dobson, L. K., ... Gregory, C. A. (2022). Angle-stable interlocking nailing in a canine critical-sized femoral defect model for bone regeneration studies: In pursuit of the principle of the 3R's.. Front Bioeng Biotechnol. 10, 921486.
- MacIver, M. A., Dobson, L. K., Gregory, C. A., Muneoka, K., & Saunders, W. B. (2022). A three-dimensional (3D), serum-free, Collagen Type I system for chondrogenesis of canine bone marrow-derived multipotent stromal cells (cMSCs).. PLoS One. 17(6), e0269571-e0269571.
- Dobson, L. K., Zeitouni, S., McNeill, E. P., Bearden, R. N., Gregory, C. A., & Saunders, W. B. (2021). Canine Mesenchymal Stromal Cell-Mediated Bone Regeneration is Enhanced in the Presence of Sub-Therapeutic Concentrations of BMP-2 in a Murine Calvarial Defect Model.. Front Bioeng Biotechnol. 9, 764703.
- Gasson, S. B., Dobson, L. K., Chow, L., Dow, S., Gregory, C. A., & Saunders, W. B. (2021). Optimizing In Vitro Osteogenesis in Canine Autologous and Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells with Dexamethasone and BMP-2.. Stem Cells Dev. 30(4), 214-226.
- Dobson, L. K., Zimin, A., Bayles, D., Fritz-Waters, E., Alt, D., Olsen, S., ... Derr, J. N. (2021). De novo assembly and annotation of the North American bison (Bison bison) reference genome and subsequent variant identification.. Anim Genet. 52(3), 263-274.
- CJ, S., LK, D., SB, G., & WB, S. (2020). Chondrogenesis of Canine Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells in a Serum-Free Type-I Collagen System is Enhanced by Preexposure to Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor. Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Abstracts of the 47th Annual Conference of the Veterinary Orthopedic Society. 33(03), a1-a14.
- Niemann, E., Dejardin, L. M., Dobson, L. K., Eichelberger, B. M., Kerwin, S. C., Gregory, C. A., & Saunders, W. B. (2019). Optimizing a Critical Gap Femoral Defect Model for Objective Assessment of Bone Regeneration in Dogs. Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Abstracts of the 46th Annual Conference of the Veterinary Orthopedic Society. 32, a13-a24.
- Gasson, S. B., Dobson, L. K., Chow, L., Dow, S., & Saunders, W. B. (2019). In vitro Osteogenesis in Autologous and IPS-derived Canine Mesenchymal Stromal Cells is Modulated by Dexamethasone and Bone Morphogenic Protein-2. Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Abstracts of the 46th Annual Conference of the Veterinary Orthopedic Society. 32, a13-a24.
recent teaching activities
- BIMS320 Biomedical Genetics Instructor
- BIMS320 Biomedical Genetics-costa Rica Instructor
- BIMS320 Biomedical Genetics: Cri Instructor
- GENE320 Biomedical Genetics Instructor
- GENE320 Biomedical Genetics-costa Rica Instructor