Dr. Currie-Gregg's research interests are in spacecraft occupant protection, human systems integration, aerospace systems engineering, and safety engineering and risk management. She teaches courses in human factors engineering and ergonomics, aerospace systems engineering, and systems safety engineering and risk management.
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, University of Houston - (Houston, Texas, United States) 1997
- M.S. in Safety Engineering, University of Southern California - (Los Angeles, California, United States) 1985
- B.S. in Biological Sciences (Interdisciplinary), with honors, The Ohio State University - (Columbus, Ohio, United States) 1980
- Al-Douri, A., Kazantzi, V., Currie-Gregg, N., & El-Halwagi, M. M. (2021). Integrating uncertainty quantification in reliability, availability, and maintainability (RAM) analysis in the conceptual and preliminary stages of chemical process design. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING RESEARCH & DESIGN. 281-291.
- Wang, B., Arias, K. F., Zhang, Z., Liu, Y., Jiang, Z., Sue, H., ... Wang, S. (2019). 3D printing of in-situ curing thermally insulated thermosets. MANUFACTURING LETTERS. 21, 1-6.
- Currie-Gregg, N. J., & Carney, K. (2019). Development of a finite element human vibration model for use in spacecraft coupled loads analysis. JOURNAL OF LOW FREQUENCY NOISE VIBRATION AND ACTIVE CONTROL. (2), 839-851.
- Doarn, C. R., Travis, T. W., Currie-Gregg, N. K., Nicogossian, A. E., Weyland, M., Shepanek, M., ... Williams, R. S. (2019). Engineering, Life Sciences, and Health/Medicine Synergy in Aerospace Human Systems Integration: The Rosetta Stone Project-An Executive Summary. NEW SPACE-THE JOURNAL OF SPACE ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION. (2), 110-113.
- Fong, T., Zumbado, J. R., Currie, N., Mishkin, A., & Akin, D. L. (2013). Space Telerobotics. Reviews of Human Factors and Ergonomics. 9(1), 6-56.
- Doarn, C. R., Travis, T. W., Currie-Gregg, N. J., & Nicogossian, A. E. (2018). The Perennial Challenge of Human Systems Integration: Failures, Compromises, and the Effectiveness of Lessons Learned. Williams, R. S., & Doarn, C. R. (Eds.), Engineering, Life Sciences, and Health/medicine Synergy in Aerospace Human Systems Integration: The Rosetta Stone Project. 1-12. National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- Orlean, R. H., Patterson, R. W., Currie-Gregg, N. J., & Justiz, C. R. (2022). Accelerating the Rate of Safety Innovation - A New Model. Day 4 Thu, May 05, 2022, Day 4 Thu, May 05, 2022.
- Ma, W., Kaber, D., Gil, G., Clamann, M., Jeon, W., Zhu, B., & Currie, N. (2018). A Comparison of Virtual Reality-Based Psychomotor Task Training with Visual and Haptic Aiding. ADVANCES IN HUMAN FACTORS IN TRAINING, EDUCATION, AND LEARNING SCIENCES, AHFE 2017. 596, 265-277.
- Currie-Gregg, N. J., Lawrence, C., & Somers, J. (2018). Occupant Protection Modeling and Injury Prediction for NASA Human Exploration Spacecraft. ADVANCES IN HUMAN FACTORS IN SIMULATION AND MODELING (AHFE 2017). 591, 195-206.
- Currie-Gregg, N., & Newhart, R. (2017). Keynote 1: Reflections on the risk of human space exploration Lessons learned from past failures. 2014 IEEE International Reliability Physics Symposium, 2017 IEEE International Reliability Physics Symposium (IRPS). 1-2.
- Jeon, W., Clamann, M., Kaber, D. B., & Currie, N. J. (2013). Assessing Goal-Directed Three-Dimensional Movements in a Virtual Reality Block Design Task. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, 2013 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics. 3739-3744.
- Hall of Fame Inductee conferred by Women in Aviation International - (Ohio, United States) 2014
- Distinguished Achievement Award conferred by The Ohio State University - (Columbus, Ohio, United States) - College of Arts and Sciences 2011