- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation
- Professor of the Practice, Aerospace Engineering, College of Engineering
- Professor of the Practice, Industrial and Systems Engineering, College of Engineering
Dr. Currie-Gregg's research interests are in spacecraft occupant protection, human systems integration, aerospace systems engineering, and safety engineering and risk management. She teaches courses in human factors engineering and ergonomics, aerospace systems engineering, and systems safety engineering and risk management.
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, University of Houston - (Houston, Texas, United States) 1997
- M.S. in Safety Engineering, University of Southern California - (Los Angeles, California, United States) 1985
- B.S. in Biological Sciences (Interdisciplinary), with honors, The Ohio State University - (Columbus, Ohio, United States) 1980
- Wang, B., Arias, K. F., Zhang, Z., Liu, Y., Jiang, Z., Sue, H., ... Wang, S. (2019). 3D printing of in-situ curing thermally insulated thermosets. Manufacturing Letters. 21, 1-6.
- Currie-Gregg, N. J., & Carney, K. (2019). Development of a finite element human vibration model for use in spacecraft coupled loads analysis. Journal of Low Frequency Noise Vibration and Active Control. 38(2), 839-851.
- Fong, T., Zumbado, J. R., Currie, N., Mishkin, A., & Akin, D. L. (2013). Space Telerobotics. Reviews of Human Factors and Ergonomics. 9(1), 6-56.
- Doarn, C. R., Travis, T. W., Currie-Gregg, N. J., & Nicogossian, A. E. (2018). The Perennial Challenge of Human Systems Integration: Failures, Compromises, and the Effectiveness of Lessons Learned. Williams, R. S., & Doarn, C. R. (Eds.), Engineering, Life Sciences, and Health/medicine Synergy in Aerospace Human Systems Integration: The Rosetta Stone Project. (pp. 1-12). National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- Ma, W., Kaber, D., Gil, G., Clamann, M., Jeon, W., Zhu, B., & Currie, N. (2018). A Comparison of Virtual Reality-Based Psychomotor Task Training with Visual and Haptic Aiding. HARMONY SEARCH ALGORITHM. 596, 265-277.
- Currie-Gregg, N. J., Lawrence, C., & Somers, J. (2018). Occupant Protection Modeling and Injury Prediction for NASA Human Exploration Spacecraft. HARMONY SEARCH ALGORITHM. 591, 195-206.
- Jeon, W., Clamann, M., Kaber, D. B., & Currie, N. J. (2013). Assessing Goal-Directed Three-Dimensional Movements in a Virtual Reality Block Design Task. 2017 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SYSTEMS, MAN, AND CYBERNETICS (SMC). 3739-3744.
- McCandless, J. W., Kaiser, M. K., Barth, T. S., McCann, R. S., Currie, N. J., & Woolford, B. J. (2006). Human-Systems Integration Challenges for Constellation. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 50(1), 96-100.
- Currie, N. J. (2005). The role of simultion in spaceflight missions. 2017 WINTER SIMULATION CONFERENCE (WSC). 1-1.
- Hall of Fame Inductee conferred by Women in Aviation International - (Ohio, United States) 2014
- Distinguished Achievement Award conferred by The Ohio State University - (Columbus, Ohio, United States) - College of Arts and Sciences 2011