Dr. Knutson develops educational materials and programs on integrated pest management (IPM) of insect pests of cotton, wheat, sorghum, pecans, corn and other crops and supports county extension agents with educational programs in IPM. He serves as statewide coordinator for biological control programs for Extension entomology faculty; develops cooperative programs on biological control and educational materials.
- Knutson, A. E., Tracy, J. L., Ritzi, C., Moran, P. J., Royer, T., & DeLoach, C. J. (2019). Establishment, Hybridization, Dispersal, Impact, and Decline of Diorhabda spp. (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) Released for Biological Control of Tamarisk in Texas and New Mexico. Environ Entomol. 48(6), 1297-1316.
- Knutson, A. E., & Mitchell, F. (2019). Economic Injury Level for Bermudagrass Stem Maggot (Diptera: Muscidae) in Bermudagrass Forage Production in Texas. J Econ Entomol. 112(5), 2215-2221.
- Knutson, A. E., & Campos, M. (2019). Ants as Predators of Diorhabda elongata (Chrysomelidae), a Biological Control Agent of Saltcedar (Tamarix spp.), in Texas. Southwestern Entomologist. 44(1), 1-9.
- Knutson, A. E., & Ree, B. (2019). Biology and Management of the Pecan Nut Casebearer (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae). Journal of Integrated Pest Management. 10(1),
- Knutson, A. E., & Campos, M. (2018). Leiophron uniformis (Gahan) (Braconidae), a Parasitoid of the Cotton Fleahopper1 on Wild Hosts in Texas. Southwestern Entomologist. 43(2), 317-322.
- Carruthers, R. I., DeLoach, C. J., Herr, J. C., Anderson, G. L., & Knutson, A. E. (2008). Salt cedar areawide pest management in the western USA. Areawide Pest Management: Theory and Implementation. (pp. 271-299).
- Knutson, A. E. (2005). Taking the university to the people : The changing role of extension entomology. Entomology at the Land Grant University: Perspectives from the Texas A&M University Department Centenary. (pp. 80-91).
- Knutson, A. (2014). Minutes of the 2014 Annual Meeting of the Society of Southwestern Entomologists. Southwestern Entomologist. 39(2), 384-385.
- Knutson, A. (2010). Minutes of the 2010 Annual Meeting of the Society of Southwestern Entomologists. Southwestern Entomologist. 35(2), 205-206.
- Mulder, P. G., Reid, W., Grantham, R. A., Landgraf, S., Taliaferro, L., Payton, M. E., & Knutson, A. (2003). Evaluations of trap designs and a pheromone formulation used for monitoring pecan weevil, Curculio caryae. Southwestern Entomologist. (SUPPL. 27), 85-99.
- Harris, M., Knutson, A., Calixto, A., Dean, A., Brooks, L., & Ree, B. (2003). Impact of red imported fire ant on foliar herbivores and natural enemies. Southwestern Entomologist. (SUPPL. 27), 123-134.
- Stevenson, D. E., Knutson, A. E., Ree, W., Jackman, J. A., Dean, A., Matis, J. H., ... Harris, M. K. (2003). Pecan nut casebearer pheromone monitoring and degree-day model validation across the pecan belt. Southwestern Entomologist. (SUPPL. 27), 57-73.
- Tracy, James L. (2018-12). Random Subset Feature Selection for Ecological Niche Modeling of Wildfire Activity and the Monarch Butterfly. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Hudgeons, Jeremy L. (2007-08). The establishment, biological success and host impact of Diorhabda elongata, imported biological control agents of invasive Tamarix in the United States. (Master's Thesis)
- Hopkins, Bradley Wayne (2005-12). Species composition and seasonal abundance of stink bugs in cotton in the Lower Texas Gulf Coast and the virulence of Euschistus species to cotton. (Master's Thesis)
- Mekala, Diwakar Karthik (2004-08). Screening upland cotton for resistance to cotton fleahopper (Heteroptera: Miridae). (Master's Thesis)
- Butler, James Joseph (2004-08). Predicting boll weevil eradication induced pest outbreaks in Texas cotton. (Master's Thesis)