Pickens, Adam individual record
Instructional Associate Professor
- Managing Director; Ergonomics Center, The Texas A&M University System
- Instructional Associate Professor, Environmental and Occupational Health, School of Public Health
My group conducts research on occupational safety, upper extremity disorders, occupational biomechanics, occupational ergonomics, and human factors engineering.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, Texas Tech University - (Amarillo, Texas, United States) 2008
- M.P.H. in Environmental and Occupational Health, Texas A&M Health Science Center - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2003
- B.S. in Biomedical Science, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1999
- Drake, S. A., Thoene, C., Foster, M., Porta, C., & Pickens, A. W. (2022). Medicolegal death investigator workplace safety hazards: A scoping review of the literature.. J Forensic Sci. 67(1), 44-55.
- Benden, M., Mehta, R., Pickens, A., Harp, B., Smith, M. L., Towne, S. D., & Peres, S. C. (2021). Health-related consequences of the type and utilization rates of electronic devices by college students.. BMC Public Health. 21(1), 1970.
- Johnson, W. D., Peres, S. C., Benden, M. E., Mehta, R. K., Pickens, A., Smith, M. L., Sweany, N., & Johnson, M. A. (2021). Lingual and non-lingual safety training methodology effectiveness: Does language of origin impact effectiveness. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL ERGONOMICS. 86, 103183-103183.
- Sharma, P. P., Mehta, R. K., Pickens, A., Han, G., & Benden, M. (2019). Sit-Stand Desk Software Can Now Monitor and Prompt Office Workers to Change Health Behaviors.. Hum Factors. 61(5), 816-824.
- Garrett, G., Zhao, H., Pickens, A., Mehta, R., Preston, L., Powell, A., & Benden, M. (2019). Computer-based Prompt's impact on postural variability and sit-stand desk usage behavior; a cluster randomized control trial.. Appl Ergon. 79, 17-24.
- Pickens, A. W. (2016). Mobile hearing screening: A viable option?. ASSE Professional Development Conference and Exposition 2016.
- Pickens, A. W., & Benden, M. E. (2013). Curriculum Development for HF/E Graduate Students. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting, Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 57(1), 452-456.
in the news
- Coronavirus Precautions: What to do when you come home KAGS TV September 10, 2020
- How To Set Up A Healthy Home Workspace Texas A&M Today March 18, 2020
recent teaching activities
- PHEO618 Occupational Safety Instructor
- PHEO640 Industrial Hygiene Instructor
- PHEO684 Practicum: In-ab Instructor
- PHEO685 Directed Studies Instructor
- PHEO686 Directed Research Instructor
chaired theses and dissertations
- You, No Young (2017-08). Developing the Comprehensive Quality of Life Model for Elderly Based on Modality of Motions, Cognitive Ability, and Hearing Loss. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Dakuri, Lakshmi V (2015-05). Pilot Study Validation of Hear Mobile Hearing Screening Application in the General Population. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77845