education and training
- Ph.D. in Communication, The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 1980
- M.A. in Speech Communication, Texas Tech University - (Amarillo, Texas, United States) 1977
- B.A. in Speech Communication, Texas Tech University - (Amarillo, Texas, United States) 1975
- Lie, H. C., Juvet, L. K., Street, R. L., Gulbrandsen, P., Mellblom, A. V., Brembo, E. A., ... Menichetti, J. (2022). Effects of Physicians’ Information Giving on Patient Outcomes: a Systematic Review. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 37(3), 651-663.
- Nouri, S., Street, R. L., Barnes, D. E., Shi, Y., Volow, A. M., Li, B., Alexander, S. C., & Sudore, R. L. (2022). Empowering patients with the PREPARE advance care planning program results in reciprocal clinician communication. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 70(2), 585-591.
- Street, R. L. (2021). Information giving, managing, and understanding in clinical encounters.. Patient Educ Couns. 104(8), 1831-1833.
- Hsu, R. L., Gutierrez, A. M., Schellhammer, S. K., Robinson, J. O., Scollon, S., Street, R. L., ... McGuire, A. L. (2021). Pediatric Oncologists' Experiences Returning and Incorporating Genomic Sequencing Results into Cancer Care.. J Pers Med. 11(6), 570-570.
- O'Neill, S. C., Vadaparampil, S. T., Street, R. L., Moore, T. F., Isaacs, C., Han, H. S., ... Eggly, S. (2021). Characterizing patient-oncologist communication in genomic tumor testing: The 21-gene recurrence score as an exemplar.. Patient Educ Couns. 104(2), 250-256.
- Freytag, J., & Street Jr., R. L (2017). Patient and Family Engagement in THE Conversation. Transformative Healthcare Practice through Patient Engagement. 93-113. IGI Global.
- Freytag, J., & Street Jr., R. L (2017). Patient and Family Engagement in THE Conversation. Health Care Delivery and Clinical Science. 182-197. IGI Global.
- O'Hair, H. D., & Kreps, G. L. (2013). Applied Communication Theory and Research. Applied Communication Theory and Research. 331-352. Routledge.
- Street, R. L., & Rimal, R. N. (2013). Health promotion and interactive technology: A conceptual foundation. Health Promotion and Interactive Technology: Theoretical Applications and Future Directions. 1-18.
- Street, R. L., & Manning, T. R. (2013). Information environments for breast cancer education. Health Promotion and Interactive Technology: Theoretical Applications and Future Directions. 123-139.
- Housten, A. J., Hoover, D. S., Britton, M., Bevers, T. B., Street, R. L., McNeill, L. H., ... Volk, R. J. (2021). DO MULTIPLE RECOMMENDATIONS SUPPORT WOMEN AS THEY MAKE DECISIONS ABOUT SCREENING MAMMOGRAPHY?. MEDICAL DECISION MAKING. 41(4), E100-E101.
- Palmer, N. R., Street, R. L., Schillinger, D., Shim, J. K., Blaschko, S. D., Breyer, B. N., & Pasick, R. J. (2020). Abstract A047: An ethnographic study of African American men's prostate cancer treatment decision-making. Poster Presentations - Proffered Abstracts, Abstracts: Eleventh AACR Conference on The Science of Cancer Health Disparities in Racial/Ethnic Minorities and the Medically Underserved; November 2-5, 2018; New Orleans, LA. 29(6), a047-a047.
- Palmer, N. R., Street, R. L., Schillinger, D., Shim, J. K., Blaschko, S. D., Breyer, B. N., & Pasick, R. J. (2020). An ethnographic study of African American men's prostate cancer treatment decision-making. CANCER EPIDEMIOLOGY BIOMARKERS & PREVENTION. 29(6),
- (2018). RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIAL OF A VIDEO INTERVENTION TO IMPROVE OUTCOMES IN PATIENTS WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES MELLITUS. JOURNAL OF GENERAL INTERNAL MEDICINE. 33, S318-S319.
- Persky, S., Beekman, J. B., & Jr, S. (2016). INFLUENCE OF GENOMIC CAUSAL INFORMATION ON THE STRUCTURE AND MEANING OF BODY WEIGHT CAUSAL BELIEFS. ANNALS OF BEHAVIORAL MEDICINE. 50, S96-S96.
- Intergovernmental Personnel Assignment Agreement: Street, R. awarded by Department of Veterans Affairs 2017 - 2017
- JESS BROWN - IPA 6-1-15 - 8-31-15; ASSIGNMENT AGREEMENT awarded by Jesse Brown VA Medical Center 2015 - 2015
- Ipa Assignment for DR. Street To San Francisco Vamc awarded by Veterans Affairs Medical Center 2012 - 2016
awards and honors
- Outstanding Health Communication Scholar conferred by National Communication Association - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) - Health Communication Division 2003
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Jiang, Shaohai (2017-05). Promoting Online Patient-Provider Communication in China: An Internet-based Intervention. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Campbell, Gemme M (2016-05). Seeking vs. Avoidance: How Young Adults Manage Uncertainty Regarding How the Affordable Care Act Impacts Them. (Master's Thesis)
- Wesner, Kylene J (2014-12). Differences in Physician Use of Electronic Health Records: Development of a Scale Assessing Individual Factors Influencing Physician Actualization. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Dean, Marleah Lynn (2014-08). "It's Not If I Get Cancer, It's When I Get Cancer": Exploring Previvors' Management of Uncertainty for Hereditary Cancer in Clinical Encounters. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Hernandez, Leandra H (2014-08). "It Wouldn't Change a Thing": The Role of Identity Politics and Gender Politics in Mexican-American Women's Decision-Making Experiences about Prenatal Testing. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Communication; 4234 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4234