- Associate Professor, Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
My laboratory is interested in the role played by cytoskeletal remodeling in development and disease, particularly, angiogenesis and tumor progression and invasion. The long-term goal of our research is to understand how extracellular signals that alter tyrosine phosphorylation and the metabolism of inositol phospholipids modulate actin dynamics and cell motility. Areas of interest include the biogenesis of actin-based structures of invasion, intracellular trafficking, and three-dimensional tissue morphogenesis in vitro. Our research employs a combination of molecular genetics, cell biology, proteomics, and high-resolution optical imaging.
- University of Connecticut Health Center - (Farmington, Connecticut, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2005
- Ph.D. in Physiology, Cornell University - (Ithaca, New York, United States) 2002
- M.S. in Animal Science, National University of Mar del Plata - (Mar del Plata, Argentina) 1990
- D.V.M. in Veterinary Medicine, National University of Rio Cuarto - (Córdoba, Argentina) 1988
- Morris, D. C., Popp, J. L., Tang, L. K., Gibbs, H. C., Schmitt, E., Chaki, S. P., ... Rivera, G. M. (2017). Nck deficiency is associated with delayed breast carcinoma progression and reduced metastasis.. MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF THE CELL. 28(24), 3500-3516.
- Pandey, A., Ding, S. L., Qin, Q., Gupta, R., Gomez, G., Lin, F., ... de Figueiredo, P. (2017). Global Reprogramming of Host Kinase Signaling in Response to Fungal Infection. Cell Host & Microbe. 21(5), 637-649.e6.
- Cheerathodi, M., Avci, N. G., Guerrero, P. A., Tang, L. K., Popp, J., Morales, J. E., ... McCarty, J. H. (2016). The Cytoskeletal Adapter Protein Spinophilin Regulates Invadopodia Dynamics and Tumor Cell Invasion in Glioblastoma. MOLECULAR CANCER RESEARCH. 14(12), 1277-1287.
- Ditlev, J. A., Michalski, P. J., Huber, G., Rivera, G. M., Mohler, W. A., Loew, L. M., & Mayer, B. J. (2015). Correction: Stoichiometry of Nck-dependent actin polymerization in living cells. JOURNAL OF CELL BIOLOGY. 211(5), 1095-1098.
- Hou, T. Y., Barhoumi, R., Fan, Y., Rivera, G. M., Hannoush, R. N., McMurray, D. N., & Chapkin, R. S. (2015). n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids suppress CD4+ T cell proliferation by altering phosphatidylinositol-(4,5)-bisphosphate [PI(4,5)P2] organization. Biochimica et biophysica acta. 1858(1), 85-96.
- Chaki, S. P., Barhoumi, R., Yog, R., Berginski, M. E., Gomez, S. M., & Rivera, G. M. (2011). Nck Is Required for Focal Adhesion Maturation and Polarized Cell Motility.. MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF THE CELL. 22,
- Fortune, J. E., Rivera, G. M., & Yang, M. Y. (2004). Follicular development: the role of the follicular microenvironment in selection of the dominant follicle. Anim Reprod Sci. 82, 109-126.
- Fortune, J. E., Rivera, G. M., Evans, A., & Turzillo, A. M. (2001). Differentiation of Dominant Versus Subordinate Follicles in Cattle1. Biology of Reproduction. 65(3), 648-654.