education and training
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Toronto - (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) 2013
- M.A. in Economics, Simon Fraser University - (Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada) 2008
- B.A. in Economics, University of Western Ontario - (London, Ontario, Canada) 2006
- Bento, P (2021). Trade without “scale effects”. Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique. 54(3), 1252-1274.
- Bento, P., & Restuccia, D (2021). On average establishment size across sectors and countries. Journal of Monetary Economics. 117, 220-242.
- Bento, P (2021). Quantifying the Effects of Patent Protection on Innovation, Imitation, Growth, and Aggregate Productivity. The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics. 21(1), 1-35.
- Bento, P (2020). Competition, innovation, and the number of firms. Review of Economic Dynamics. 37, 275-298.
- Bento, P., & Restuccia, D (2019). The Role of Nonemployers in Business Dynamism and Aggregate Productivity.
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Economics; 4228 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4228