Dr. Ashley Arnold is a Research Assistant Professor in the meat science section of the Department of Animal Science. She was previously involved with the Meat Science program as a student and staff member. In her current role, Dr. Arnold conducts research, manages projects, finalizes reports, presents data at professional meetings, writes manuscripts, and assists other faculty members in securing external funding for meat science and food safety research by way of writing grants.
Additionally, Dr. Arnold serves as Safety Officer for the Department of Animal Science. In this important capacity, she is a liaison with Environmental Health and Safety, coordinates chemical inventory, manages hazardous material reporting, facilitates required laboratory and other inspections, and serves as a resource for faculty and staff. As Safety Officer, she works with the Associate Head for Operations to develop consistent policies, ensuring laboratory safety and compliance with reporting requirements for faculty.
- B.S. in Animal Science, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Ph.D. in Animal Science, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- M.S. in Animal Science, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Nickelson, K. J., Taylor, T. M., Griffin, D. B., Savell, J. W., Gehring, K. B., & Arnold, A. N. (2019). Assessment of Salmonella Prevalence in Lymph Nodes of US and Mexican Cattle Presented for Slaughter in Texas. Journal of Food Protection. 82(2), 310-315.
- BELK, A. D., ARNOLD, A. N., SAWYER, J. E., GRIFFIN, D. B., TAYLOR, T. M., SAVELL, J. W., & GEHRING, K. B. (2018). Comparison of Salmonella Prevalence Rates in Bovine Lymph Nodes across Feeding Stages. Journal of Food Protection. 81(4), 549-553.
- Cassens, A. M., Arnold, A. N., Miller, R. K., Gehring, K. B., & Savell, J. W. (2018). Impact of elevated aging temperatures on retail display, tenderness, and consumer acceptability of beef. Meat Sci. 146, 1-8.
- Harris, M. K., Eastwood, L. C., Boykin, C. A., Arnold, A. N., Gehring, K. B., Hale, D. S., ... Stelzleni, A. M. (2018). National Beef Quality Audit-2016: Assessment of cattle hide characteristics, offal condemnations, and carcass traits to determine the quality status of the market cow and bull beef industry. Translational Animal Science. 2(1), 37-49.
- Bessire, B. C., Thomas, M., Gehring, K. B., Savell, J. W., Griffin, D. B., Taylor, T. M., ... Scaria, J. (2018). National survey of Salmonella prevalence in lymph nodes of sows and market hogs. Translational Animal Science. 2(4), 365-371.