Dr. Ashley Arnold is a Research Assistant Professor in the meat science section of the Department of Animal Science. She was previously involved with the Meat Science program as a student and staff member. In her current role, Dr. Arnold conducts research, manages projects, finalizes reports, presents data at professional meetings, writes manuscripts, and assists other faculty members in securing external funding for meat science and food safety research by way of writing grants.
Additionally, Dr. Arnold serves as Safety Officer for the Department of Animal Science. In this important capacity, she is a liaison with Environmental Health and Safety, coordinates chemical inventory, manages hazardous material reporting, facilitates required laboratory and other inspections, and serves as a resource for faculty and staff. As Safety Officer, she works with the Associate Head for Operations to develop consistent policies, ensuring laboratory safety and compliance with reporting requirements for faculty.
- B.S. in Animal Science, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Ph.D. in Animal Science, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- M.S. in Animal Science, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Eastwood, L. C., Taylor, T. M., Savell, J. W., Gehring, K. B., & Arnold, A. N. (2020). Efficacy of antimicrobial interventions in reducing Salmonella enterica, Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli, Campylobacter, and Escherichia coli biotype I surrogates on non-chilled and chilled, skin-on and skinless pork. Meat Sci. 172, 108309-108309.
- Steele, C. C., Arnold, A. N., Gehring, K. B., Griffin, D. B., & Savell, J. W. (2020). Sorting beef subprimals by ribeye area size at the packer level to optimize utility and product uniformity in foodservice and retail. Translational Animal Science. 4(3), txaa107.
- Kirkpatrick, R. R., Arnold, A. N., Cross, H. R., Savell, J. W., & Gehring, K. B. (2019). Survey of Quality Attributes of Beef from Farmers Market Vendors. Journal of Food Quality. 2019, 1-9.
- Nickelson, K. J., Taylor, T. M., Griffin, D. B., Savell, J. W., Gehring, K. B., & Arnold, A. N. (2019). Assessment of Salmonella Prevalence in Lymph Nodes of U.S. and Mexican Cattle Presented for Slaughter in Texas. Journal of Food Protection. 82(2), 310-315.
- Taylor, T. M., & Coauthors, .. (2018). Erratum. Journal of Food Protection. 81(12), 1920-1920.