My research interests include capital structure, mergers and acquisitions, private equity & venture capital, financial institutions, financial market regulation, securities lending and short selling.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Financial Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States) 2006
- B.A. in Economics-Mathematics, Columbia University - (New York, New York, United States) 1998
- Kolasinski, A. C., & Yang, N. (2018). Managerial myopia and the mortgage meltdown. JOURNAL OF FINANCIAL ECONOMICS.
- Harford, J., & Kolasinski, A. (2014). Do private equity returns result from wealth transfers and short-termism evidence from a comprehensive sample of large buyouts. MANAGEMENT SCIENCE. 60(4), 888-902.
- Kolasinski, A. C., Reed, A. V., & Ringgenberg, M. C. (2013). A multiple lender approach to understanding supply and search in the equity lending market. Journal of Finance. 68(2), 559-595.
- Kolasinski, A. C., Reed, A., & Thornock, J. R. (2013). Can Short Restrictions Actually Increase Informed Short Selling?. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT. 42(1), 155-181.
- Kolasinski, A. C., & Li, X. u. (2013). Can Strong Boards and Trading Their Own Firm's Stock Help CEOs Make Better Decisions? Evidence from Acquisitions by Overconfident CEOs. JOURNAL OF FINANCIAL AND QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS. 48(4), 1173-1206.
chaired theses and dissertations
Texas A&M University; Finance; 4218 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4218