Matthews, Pamela individual record
Dean and Professor
- Professor, English, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dean, College of Liberal Arts, Texas A&M University
My interests are American literature and culture, gender studies, and women writers.
education and training
- Ph.D. in English, Duke University - (Durham, North Carolina, United States) 1988
- M.A. in English, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1981
- B.A. in English, University of Houston - (Houston, Texas, United States) 1977
- Matthews, P. R. (2013). Review of Ana M. Martnez Alemns, Accountability, Pragmatic Aims, and the American University". The International HETL Review. 3,
- Matthews, P. R. (2009). Beyond the Jokes on Helicopter Parents'. Inside Higher Ed.
- Matthews, P. R. (2009). Reimagining The Sheltered Life: Catherine Turney Adapts Ellen Glasgow. RESOURCES FOR AMERICAN LITERARY STUDY. 32(1), 163-239.
- Sizer, P. S., Felstehausen, V., Sawyer, S., Dornier, L., Matthews, P., & Cook, C. (2007). Eight critical skill sets required for manual therapy competency: a Delphi study and factor analysis of physical therapy educators of manual therapy.. J Allied Health. 36(1), 30-40.
- Matthews, P. R. (2004). Portraying the Lady: Technologies of gender in the short stories of Henry James. HENRY JAMES REVIEW. 25(2), 198-200.
- Glasgow, E., & Matthews, P. R (2005). Perfect Companionship Ellen Glasgow's Selected Correspondence with Women. University of Virginia Press.
- Matthews, P. R (1994). Ellen Glasgow and a Woman's Traditions. University of Virginia Press.
- Matthews, P. R. (2016). Ellen Glasgow Expansive Visionary. VIRGINIA WOMEN: THEIR LIVES AND TIMES, VOL 2. 161-180.
- Fowler, D. A., Matthews, P. R., Schielack, J. F., Webb, R. C., & Wu, X. B. (2012). The power of inquiry as a way of learning in undergraduate education at a large research university. New Directions for Teaching and Learning. Special Issue: InquiryGuided Learning. 81-91. Wiley.
- Matthews, P. R. (2007). Changing the Laws of History: Adrienne Richs Joan of Arc. Waddell, W. S. (Eds.), 27-43. Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Paetzold, R., Watson, K., Matthews, P., & Rinehart, J. (1995). Gender in engineering courses: legal and social issues. ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings. 1, 18-24.
- (2003). Aesthetic Subjects. U of Minnesota Press.
- (1994). The Woman Within An Autobiography. University of Virginia Press.
in the news
recent teaching activities
- ENGL485 Directed Studies Instructor
- ENGL485 Hnr-directed Studies Instructor
- ENGL497 Hnr-indpdnt Honors Studies Instructor
- ENGL497 Indpdnt Honors Studies Instructor
- LBAR285 Hnr-directed Studies Instructor
chaired theses and dissertations
- Green-Barteet, Miranda A. (2009-08). Neither Wholly Public, Nor Wholly Private: Interstitial Spaces in Works by Nineteenth-Century American Women Writers. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Park, Mi Sun (2007-12). Reimagining the nation: gender and nationalism in contemporary U.S. women's literature. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Dean Of Liberal Arts; 4223 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4223