My laboratory is broadly interested in elucidation of structural organization of amyloid oligomers using Tip-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (TERS).
The ultimate objective of our studies is to unravel structural elements on surfaces of amyloid oligomers that are responsible for their toxicity and propensity to propagate into amyloid fibrils. These findings will help to guide pharmaceutical drug screening efforts towards finding selective blockaders of amyloid fibrillation at the stage where their aggregates are minimally toxic. Finally, resolving the structure of amyloid oligomers will give an inside how to cure Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases and dementia.
- Ph.D. in Analytical/Physical Chemistry, University at Albany, State University of New York - (Albany, New York, United States) 2013
- M.Sc. in Biochemistry, Belarusian State University - (Minsk, Belarus) 2007
- Sanchez, L., Ermolenkov, A., Tang, X., Tamborindeguy, C., & Kurouski, D. (2020). Non-invasive diagnostics of Liberibacter disease on tomatoes using a hand-held Raman spectrometer.. Planta. 251(3), 64.
- Farber, C., Mahnke, M., Sanchez, L., & Kurouski, D. (2019). Advanced spectroscopic techniques for plant disease diagnostics. A review. TrAC - Trends in Analytical Chemistry. 118, 43-49.
- Farber, C., Li, J., Hager, E., Chemelewski, R., Mullet, J., Rogachev, A. Y., & Kurouski, D. (2019). Complementarity of Raman and Infrared Spectroscopy for Structural Characterization of Plant Epicuticular Waxes. ACS OMEGA. 4(2), 3700-3707.
- Sanchez, L., Pant, S., Irey, M., Mandadi, K., & Kurouski, D. (2019). Detection and identification of canker and blight on orange trees using a hand-held Raman spectrometer. JOURNAL OF RAMAN SPECTROSCOPY.
- Farber, C., Wang, R., Chemelewski, R., Mullet, J., & Kurouski, D. (2019). Nanoscale Structural Organization of Plant Epicuticular Wax Probed by Atomic Force Microscope Infrared Spectroscopy. Analytical® Chemistry. 91(3), 2472-2479.
- Bhat, V., Olenick, M. B., Schuchardt, B. J., Mikles, D. C., Deegan, B. J., McDonald, C. B., ... Farooq, A. (2013). Heat-induced fibrillation of BclXL apoptotic repressor. BIOPHYSICAL CHEMISTRY. 179, 12-25.
- Lednev, I. K., Kurouski, D., & Lauro, W. (2010). Amyloid fibrils are \"alive\" as evident from deep UV Raman spectroscopic examination: An instrumentation driven discovery. WORKSHOP ON DARK MATTER, UNIFICATION AND NEUTRINO PHYSICS (CETUP 2012). 1267, 172-173.