My research emphasis is to create cotton cultivars and germplasm with high-yield potential, excellent drought tolerance and resistance to insects endemic to Texas. I make active use of a wide array of cotton germplasm including exotic upland and interspecific lines. My cotton testing region includes Central and South Texas, as well as the Rolling Plains.
- Kelly, C. M., Osorio-Marin, J., Kothari, N., Hague, S., & Dever, J. K. (2019). Genetic improvement in cotton fiber elongation can impact yarn quality. Industrial Crops and Products. 129, 1-9.
- Smith, C. W., Hequet, E. F., Hague, S., & Jones, D. (2018). Elite fiber quality germplasm lines of upland cotton: TAM 11K-13 ELSU, TAM 11T-08 ELSU-ESU, and TAM 11L-24 LSU. Journal of Plant Registrations. 12(1), 112-117.
- Smith, C. W., Hague, S., Hequet, E., & Jones, D. C. (2018). Registration of â€˜Tamcot G11' upland cotton cultivar. Journal of Plant Registrations. 12(1), 7-12.
- Kothari, N., Hague, S., Hinze, L., & Dever, J. (2017). Boll sampling protocols and their impact on measurements of cotton fiber quality. Industrial Crops and Products. 109, 248-254.
- Hinze, L. L., Hulse-Kemp, A. M., Wilson, I. W., Zhu, Q., Llewellyn, D. J., Taylor, J. M., ... Stelly, D. M. (2017). Diversity analysis of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) germplasm using the CottonSNP63K Array. BMC PLANT BIOLOGY. 17(1), 37.
- McLoud, Laura Ann (2015-05). An Integrated Approach Toward Identifying Resistance to Cotton Fleahopper (Pseudatomoscelis seriatus) in Upland Cotton. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Brown, Ismael Nino (2010-12). A Phenotypic Evaluation of 61 Mutated Lines of TAM 94L-25. (Master's Thesis)