education and training
- Ph.D. in Government, Claremont Graduate University - (Claremont, California, United States) 1976
- M.S. in Public Administration, California State University Los Angeles - (Los Angeles, California, United States) 1973
- B.A. in Political Science, California State University Los Angeles - (Los Angeles, California, United States) 1970
- Rice, M. F. (2008). A Primer for Developing a Public Agency Service Ethos of Cultural Competency in Public Services Programming and Public Services Delivery. Journal of Public Affairs Education. 14(1), 21-38.
- Rice, M. F. (2007). A post-modern cultural competency framework for public administration and public service delivery. International Journal of Public Sector Management. 20(7), 622-637.
- Rice, M. F. (2007). Promoting Cultural Competency in Public Administration and Public Service Delivery: Utilizing Self-assessment Tools and Performance Measures. Journal of Public Affairs Education. 13(1), 41-57.
- Rice, M. F. (2004). Organizational Culture, Social Equity, and Diversity: Teaching Public Administration Education in the Postmodern Era. Journal of Public Affairs Education. 10(2), 143-154.
- Mathews, A. L., & Rice, M. F. (1999). Adarand v. pena: Turning challenges into opportunities. International Journal of Public Administration. 22(7), 1017-1058.
- Rice, M. F., & Jones, W. (1994). Public Policy and the Black Hospital From Slavery to Segregation to Integration. Greenwood Publishing Group.
- Smith, J. O., Rice, M. F., & Jones, W. (1991). Blacks and American Government : Politics, Policy and Social Change - 2nd edition. Kendall Hunt Publishers.
- Jones, W. (1990). Health of Black Americans from Post Reconstruction to Integration, 1871-1960 An Annotated Bibliography of Contemporary Sources. Greenwood Publishing Group.
- Smith, J. O., Rice, M. F., & JOnes, W. (1987). Blacks and American government: Politics, policy, and social change. Kendall/Hunt Publishing Co..
- Rice, M. F. (2016). Policing Culturally-Linguistically Diverse Communities in an Era of Terrorism: Improving Community Policing as a Counter- Terrorism Strategy at the Grassroots Community Police Level. COUNTER TERRORISM IN DIVERSE COMMUNITIES. 125, 212-220.
- Rice, M. F. (2011). A Framework for Utilizing Cultural Competency in Community Policing: Serving Immigrant and Culturally/Linguistically Diverse Communities. COUNTER TERRORISM IN DIVERSE COMMUNITIES. 90, 161-172.
- (1987). Black American Health An Annotated Bibliography. Greenwood Publishing Group.
- (1984). Contemporary Public Policy Perspectives and Black Americans Issues in an Era of Retrenchment Politics. Praeger Pub Text.
- (2005). Diversity and Public Administration Theory, Issues, and Perspectives. M E Sharpe Incorporated.
- (2010). Diversity and Public Administration Theory, Issues, and Perspectives. M.E. Sharpe.
- (1996). Diversity and Public Organizations Theory, Issues and Perspectives. Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Political Science; 4348 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4348