My research interests include: critical teacher education, transformative/servant leadership, service learning/community education, ethnography, gifted education, culture + curriculum, and STEM education for underserved learners.
education and training
- Hill-Jackson, V. (2020). Special emphasis recruiting: Intentional recruitment of Black women to the teaching profession. Theory Into Practice. 59(4), 1-12.
- Farinde-Wu, A., Allen-Handy, A., & Hill-Jackson, V. (2020). This Issue. Theory Into Practice. 59(4), 1-4.
- Liao, L., Larke, P., & Hill-Jackson, V. (2017). Bridging Two Worlds: Experiences of Chinese and Taiwanese Americans Attending Chinese Heritage Schools in Houston. Heritage Language Journal. 14(2), 171-188.
- Liao, L., Larke, P. J., & Hill-Jackson, V. (2011). Chinese Papermaking: A Multicultural and Environmental Education Strategy for Pre-K Teachers. Journal of Praxis in Multicultural Education. 6(1),
- Bonner, F. A., Lewis, C. W., Bowman-Perrott, L., Hill-Jackson, V., & James, M. (2009). Definition, Identification, Identity, and Culture: A Unique Alchemy Impacting the Success of Gifted African American Millennial Males in School. Journal for the Education of the Gifted. 33(2), 176-202.
- Eslami, Z. R., Hill-Jackson, V., Kurteš, S., & Asadi, L. (2019). Telecollaboration Among Qatari and US Undergraduates in a Multicultural Course: Opportunities and Obstacles. Innovation in Language Learning and Teaching. (pp. 263-282). Springer International Publishing.
- Hill-Jackson, V. (2017). ...And Then There Were None: Reversing the Exodus of Black Women from the Teaching Profession. Black Female Teachers. (pp. 9-48). Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Hill-Jackson, V. (2017). ….And Then There Were None: ☆ Reversing the Exodus of Black Women from the Teaching Profession Abstract Notes. Black Female Teachers. (pp. 9-48).
- Watson, R. E., & Hill-Jackson, V. L. (2015). No Principal Left Behind?: The Core Beliefs of Nine Urban Elementary Principals in a Midwest School District Implementing No Child Left Behind. Stafford, D., & Hill-Jackson, V. (Eds.), Better Principals, Better Schools What Star Principals Know, Believe, and Do. (pp. 15-35). IAP.
- Hill-Jackson, V. L., & Stafford, D. (2015). The Case for Selecting Better Principals. Stafford, D., & Hill-Jackson, V. (Eds.), Better Principals, Better Schools What Star Principals Know, Believe, and Do. (pp. 63-79). IAP.
- (2012). Transforming Teacher Education What Went Wrong with Teacher Training, and How We Can Fix It. Stylus Publishing, LLC..
in the news
- Texas A&M offers "Homework Helpline" that provides free tutoring for virtual learning radio.com September 23, 2020
- Homework helpline matches struggling preK-12 students with teachers in training edscoop September 21, 2020
- Homework helpline launches for P-12 students Newswise September 18, 2020
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Staley, Michele Diane (2018-05). Peer Observation as Professional Learning: A Case Study to Determine the Effectiveness of the Stop Light Learning Program in a Suburban High School. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Crook, Dena Marie (2017-12). Using Outcome Measures in the Evaluation of One Educator Preparation Program in Central Texas. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Farooq, Rasheedah Muhammad (2017-12). Remixing Resilience: A Case Study of Academically Successful Black Males in an Urban Midwestern City. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Neill, Rebecca Anne (2017-12). Expectations Divergence: Exploring White Teachers' Beliefs and Practices at a Diverse Suburban High School. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Teaching, Learning And Culture (Tlac); 4232 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4232