My research and scholarship centers around three primary areas: 1) innovative pedagogy in family nurse practitioner (FNP) programs, 2) improved health outcomes for vulnerable populations through inter-professional teams and 3) increased access to healthcare including cancer screening and prevention
- Ph.D. in DNP: Doctor of Nursing Practice; Advance Practice Leadership, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio - (San Antonio, Texas, United States) 2014
- M.S. in MSN: Master of Science in Nursing, Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston - (Houston, Texas, United States) 1995
- B.S. in Nursing, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston - (Galveston, Texas, United States) 1989
- Dormire, S. L., Gary, J., Weston, C., & Holland, B (2019). Message Heard: Insights for Doctoral Program Design From Community Partners.. SAGE Open Nurs. 5, 2377960819837482-237796081983748.
- Weston, C., Akinlotan, M., Lichorad, A., McClellan, D., Helduser, J., Ojinnaka, C., Holland, B., & Bolin, J. N. (2018). The impact of interprofessional education on family nurse practitioner students' and family medicine residents' knowledge and confidence in screening for breast and cervical cancer.. J Am Assoc Nurse Pract. 30(9), 511-518.
- Akinlotan, M. A., Weston, C., & Bolin, J. N. (2018). Individual- and county-level predictors of cervical cancer screening: a multi-level analysis.. Public Health. 160, 116-124.
- ojinnaka, C. O., mcclellan, D. A., weston, C., pekarek, K., helduser, J. W., & bolin, J. N. (2017). Determinants of HPV vaccine awareness and healthcare providers discussion of HPV vaccine among females. Preventive Medicine Reports. 5, 257-262.
- Weston, C., Husain, S. A., Curzon, C. L., Neish, S., Kennedy, G. T., Bonagurio, K., & Gosselin, K. (2016). Improving Outcomes for Infants with Single Ventricle Physiology through Standardized Feeding during the Interstage. 2016, 9505629-7.