Our group specializes in determining the cellular and molecular mechanisms of beneficial effects of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) in diseases that include heart disease, diabetes, and peritonitis. The goal is to develop a cellular therapy for human diseases either (a) with adult stem/progenitor cells (MSCs), or (b) with therapeutic factors that MSCs produce in response to signals from injured tissues.
- Tulane University - (New Orleans, Louisiana, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2008
- Ph.D. in Physiology, Pusan National University - (Busan, South Korea) 2003
- M.S. in Medicine, Pusan National University - (Busan, South Korea) 1999
- B.S. in Microbiology, Pusan National University - (Busan, South Korea) 1997
- Pacienza, N., Lee, R. H., Bae, E. H., Kim, D. K., Liu, Q., Prockop, D. J., & Yannarelli, G. (2019). In Vitro Macrophage Assay Predicts the In Vivo Anti-inflammatory Potential of Exosomes from Human Mesenchymal Stromal Cells. Molecular Therapy - Methods and Clinical Development. 13, 67-76.
- Hai, B. o., Shigemoto-Kuroda, T., Zhao, Q., Lee, R. H., & Liu, F. (2018). Inhibitory Effects of iPSC-MSCs and Their Extracellular Vesicles on the Onset of Sialadenitis in a Mouse Model of Sjogren's Syndrome. STEM CELLS INTERNATIONAL.
- Song, H. B., Park, S. Y., Ko, J. H., Park, J. W., Yoon, C. H., Kim, D. H., ... Oh, J. Y. (2018). Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Inhibit Inflammatory Lymphangiogenesis in the Cornea by Suppressing Macrophage in a TSG-6-Dependent Manner. MOLECULAR THERAPY. 26(1), 162-172.
- Prockop, D. J., Oh, J. Y., & Lee, R. H. (2017). Data against a Common Assumption: Xenogeneic Mouse Models Can Be Used to Assay Suppression of Immunity by Human MSCs. MOLECULAR THERAPY. 25(8), 1748-1756.
- Ullah, M., Kuroda, Y., Bartosh, T. J., Liu, F., Zhao, Q., Gregory, C., ... Prockop, D. J. (2017). IPS-derived MSCS from an expandable bank to deliver a prodrug-converting enzyme that limits growth and metastases of human breast cancers. Cell Death Discovery. 3(1), 16064-16064.