My research focuses on Laser processing with ultrahigh speed pulsed laser, Chemical analysis with laser induced plasma, Nanomaterial generation with laser ablation, and Nanoscale energy and mass transport with near field effects.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States) 2006
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, National Taiwan University - (Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan) 1999
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, National Taiwan University - (Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan) 1997
- Wen, S. B., Bhaskar, A., & Zhang, H. (2018). Scanning digital lithography providing high speed large area patterning with diffraction limited sub-micron resolution. Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering. 28(7),
- Wen, S., Ly, K., Bhaskar, A., Schmidt, M. S., & Thomas, R. J. (2017). Direct numerical simulation of the initial stage of a thermally induced microcavitation in a water-rich biotissue triggered by a nanosecond pulsed. Journal of Biomedical Optics. 22(5), 56002-056002.
- Wen, S., Sundaram, V. M., McBride, D., & Yang, Y. u. (2016). Low-cost, high-precision micro-lensed optical fiber providing deep-micrometer to deepnanometer-level light focusing. Opt Lett. 41(8), 1793-1796.
- Sundaram, V. M., & Wen, S. (2014). Analysis of deep sub-micron resolution in microsphere based imaging. APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS. 105(20), 204102-204102.
- Sundaram, V. M., & Wen, S. (2014). Nanoscale high-intensity light focusing with pure dielectric nonspherical scatterer. Opt Lett. 39(3), 582-585.
- Yang, Y. u., Sundaram, V. M., Soni, A., Wen, S., & ASME, .. (2013). Laser induced nano-droplet ejection for the construction of nano-inkjets. 7(PARTS A, B, C, D), 679-684.
- Sundaram, V. M., Wen, S., & ASME, .. (2012). Nanoscale direct patterning with a combination of micro zone plates and pulsed light sources. 7(PARTS A AND B), 67-76.
- Sundaram, V. M., Wen, S., & ASME, .. (2009). Characteristics of Nanopatterns and the Associated Thermal Mechanisms During Near Field Laser-Material Interaction of Nanosecond Laser on Different Targets. 3, 631-638.
- Mao, X., Zeng, X., Wen, S. B., & Russo, R. E. (2005). Time-resolved plasma properties for double pulsed laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy of silicon. Spectrochimica Acta Part B: Atomic Spectroscopy. 60(7-8), 960-967.
awards and honors
chaired theses and dissertations
- Meenashi Sundaram, Vijay (2014-12). Nanoscale Light Focusing and Imaging with Nano-Optical Devices. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Soni, Alok (2013-08). Near-Field Nanopatterning and Associated Energy Transport Analysis with Thermoreflectance. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Jo, Young Kyong (2012-08). Generation of Core/shell Nanoparticles with Laser Ablation. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Chitre, Aditya Rajeev (2010-12). Microplasma Discharges in High Pressure Gases Scaling Towards the Sub-micron Regime. (Master's Thesis)
- Meenashi Sundaram, Vijay (2010-05). Direct Nano-Patterning With Nano-Optic Devices. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Mechanical Engineering; 3123 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3123