education and training
- Ph.D. in Earth Sciences, University of California, San Diego - (San Diego, California, United States) 2014
- M.S. in Oceanography, University of California, San Diego - (San Diego, California, United States) 2011
- B.S. in Atmospheric Sciences, Peking University - (Beijing, Beijing, China) 2008
- Li, X., Zhang, Y., Li, D., Xu, Y., & Brown, R. D. (2022). Ameliorating cold stress in a hot climate: Effect of Winter Storm Uri on residents of subsidized housing neighborhoods. Building and Environment. 209, 108646-108646.
- Cheng, W., MacMartin, D. G., Kravitz, B., Visioni, D., Bednarz, E. M., Xu, Y., ... Deng, X. (2022). Changes in Hadley circulation and intertropical convergence zone under strategic stratospheric aerosol geoengineering. npj Climate and Atmospheric Science. 5(1), 32.
- Yao, B., Xu, Y., Dessler, A. E., & Liu, C. (2022). Characterizing unforced decadal climate variability in global climate model large ensembles. Climate Dynamics. 58(1-2), 211-222.
- Ramanathan, V., Xu, Y., & Versaci, A. (2022). Modelling humannatural systems interactions with implications for twenty-first-century warming. Nature Sustainability. 5(3), 263-271.
- Xu, Y., Lin, L., Diao, C., Wang, Z., Bates, S., & Arblaster, J. (2022). The Response of Precipitation Extremes to the Twentieth and TwentyFirstCentury Global Temperature Change in a Comprehensive Suite of CESM1 Large Ensemble Simulation: Revisiting the Role of Forcing Agents Vs. the Role of Forcing Magnitudes. Earth and Space Science. 9(1),
Repository Documents / Preprints9
- Gul, C., Kang, S., Puppala, S. P., Wu, X., He, C., Xu, Y., ... Dubache, G. (2021). Measurement of Light absorbing particles in surface snow of central and western Himalayan glaciers: spatial variability, radiative impacts, and potential source regions.
- Xu, Y., Lin, L., Tilmes, S., Dagon, K., Xia, L., Diao, C., ... Burnell, L. (2020). Climate engineering to mitigate the projected 21st-century terrestrial drying of the Americas: Carbon Capture vs. Sulfur Injection?.
- Lin, L., Gettelman, A., Xu, Y., Wu, C., Wang, Z., & Dong, W. (2019). CAM6 simulation of mean and extreme precipitation over Asia: Sensitivity to upgraded physical parameterizations and higher horizontal resolution.
- Chen, H., Wang, H., Sun, J., Xu, Y., & Yin, Z. (2018). Anthropogenic Fine Particulate Matter Pollution Will Be Exacerbated in Eastern China Due to 21st-Century GHG Warming.
- Xu, Y., & Xu, X. (2020). Days with both extreme heat and extreme air pollution are becoming more common – which can’t be a good thing for global health. - An article submitted to The Conversation
in the news
- As a climate scientist, I know the knock-on effects of heatwaves like these — and we need to act urgently The Independent July 1, 2021
- Days With Both Extreme Heat And Air Pollution In South Asia Are Becoming More Common Texas A&M Today June 26, 2020
- South Asia's twin threats: Extreme heat and foul air Eco-Business June 2, 2020
- South Asia Faces Increased Threat Of Extreme Heat, Extreme Pollution, Study Shows Texas A&M Today April 21, 2020
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Meteorology; 3150 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3150