Areas of Specialization: Philosophy and Technology; Philosophy and Engineering; Environmental Philosophy; Professional Ethics; Cyberethics; and Social and Political Philosophy.
Areas of Competence: Ethics; Environmental Ethics; Ancient Philosophy; Modern Philosophy; and Science, Technology, and Society Studies.
- Ph.D. in Philosophy, University of North Texas - (Denton, Texas, United States) 2015
- M.A. in Philosophy, University of North Texas - (Denton, Texas, United States) 2012
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology - (Rolla, Missouri, United States) 1998
- Miller, G. (2015). S.H. Christensen, C. Didier, A. Jamison, M. Meganck, C. Mitcham and B. Newberry (eds): International Perspectives on Engineering Education: Engineering Education and Practice in Context, Vol. 1, and Engineering Identities, Epistemologies and Values: Engineering Education and Practice in Context, Vol. 2. Technology, Knowledge and Learning. 22(1), 129-135.
- Miller, G. (2015). Looking Back, Looking Forward: Review of A. Briggle, P. Brey and E. Spence (eds.): The Good Life in a Technological Age. Science and Engineering Ethics. 21(6), 1691-1697.
- Miller, G. A. (2015). Forum: Grand challenge for engineers. Issues in Science and Technology. 31(2), 20-22.
- Miller, G. (2014). Exploring Engineering and Sustainability: Concepts, Practices, Politics, and Consequences. Engineering Studies. 6(1), 23-43.
- Schneider, J., & Miller, G. (2011). The Impact of “No Impact Man”: Alternative Hedonism as Environmental Appeal. Environmental Communication. 5(4), 467-484.
- Miller, G., & Mitcham, C. (2020). Designing and Constructing the (Life)World: Phenomenology and Engineering. Miller, G., & Shew, A. (Eds.), Reimagining Philosophy and Technology, Reinventing Ihde. (pp. 175-189). Springer International Publishing.
- Miller, G., & Shew, A. (2020). Editors’ Introduction. Miller, G., & Shew, A. (Eds.), Philosophy of Engineering and Technology. (pp. 1-10). Springer International Publishing.
- Miller, G. (2018). Toward Lifelong Excellence: Navigating the Engineering-Business Space. Christensen, S. H., Delahousse, B., Didier, C., Meganck, M., & Murphy, M. (Eds.), The Engineering-Business Nexus. (pp. 81-101). Springer International Publishing.
- Miller, G. (2018). What Ethics Owes Engineering. Fritzsche, A., & Oks, S. J. (Eds.), The Future of Engineering. (pp. 229-242). Springer International Publishing.
- Miller, G. (2018). Aiming Professional Ethics Courses Toward Identity Development. Englehardt, E. E., & Pritchard, M. S. (Eds.), Ethics Across the Curriculum—Pedagogical Perspectives. (pp. 89-105). Springer International Publishing.