Bryant, John individual record
- Associate Professor, Construction Science, School of Architecture
- Faculty Fellow, Center for Health Systems and Design, School of Architecture
education and training
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1995
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, The University of Texas at El Paso - (El Paso, Texas, United States) 1987
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, New Mexico State University - (Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States) 1982
- Kalantari, S., Shepley, M. M., Rybkowski, Z. K., & Bryant, J. A. (2017). Collaboration between designers and facility managers Comparing the United Kingdom, the United States, and the Middle East. FACILITIES. 35(9-10), 557-572.
- Kalantari, S., Shepley, M. M., Rybkowski, Z. K., & Bryant, J. (2017). Designing for operational efficiency: facility managers' perspectives on how their knowledge can be better incorporated during design. ARCHITECTURAL ENGINEERING AND DESIGN MANAGEMENT. 13(6), 457-478.
- Rybkowski, Z. K., Shepley, M. M., Bryant, J. A., Skelhorn, C., Amato, A., & Kalantari, S. (2017). Facility management in Qatar: current state, perceptions and recommendations. FACILITIES. 35(5-6), 335-355.
- De Lapp, J. A., Ford, D. N., Bryant, J. A., & Horlen, J. (2004). Impacts of CAD on design realization. Engineering Construction & Architectural Management. 11(4), 284-291.
- Hager, C. J., Pryor, C. R., & Bryant, J. A (2003). A comparison of four domain area standards for internships and implications for utilization in undergraduate construction education internship programs. Journal of Construction Education. 8(3), 157-179.
- ONeal, D. L., & Bryant, J. A. (2000). HVAC equipment and systems: Air conditioning systems. Handbook of Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. 4-29-4-67.
- Bryant, J. A., & Kanaan, B. (2019). In-situ observations of series and parallel fan powered terminal units. ASHRAE Transactions. 125, 332-340.
- Bhagat, N., Rybkowski, Z., Kalantar, N., Dixit, M., Bryant, J., & Mansoori, M. (2018). Modulating Natural Ventilation to Enhance Resilience Through Modifying Nozzle Profiles - Exploring Rapid Prototyping Through 3D-Printing. CAADRIA proceedings, Proceedings of the 23rd Conference on Computer Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia (CAADRIA) [Volume 2]. 2, 185-194.
- Bryant, J. A., & Kanaan, B. (2017). Differential Pressure Rise Measurements and Impact in EnergyPlus Modeling for Series VAV Fan-Powered Terminal Units Using PSC Motors. ASHRAE TRANSACTIONS 2017, VOL 123, PT 2. 123, 202-208.
- Bryant, J. A., & Bryant, S. J. (2015). In-situ fan differential pressure rise for a series VAV-fan-powered terminal unit with SCR control. ASHRAE Conference-Papers. 121, 334-341.
- Davis, M. A., Bryant, J. A., & O'Neal, D. L. (2012). Modeling the Performance of ECM and SCR Parallel Fan-Powered Terminal Units in Single-Duct VAV Systems. ASHRAE TRANSACTIONS 2012, VOL 118, PT 1. 118(PART 1), 920-929.
- Woods, P., Bryant, J., & Parker, K (2005). Plumbing supply monitoring, modeling and sizing system and method.
recent teaching activities
- COSC325 Mep Systems In Const I Instructor
- COSC326 Mep Systems In Const Ii Instructor
- COSC446 Specialty Capstone Instructor
- COSC485 Directed Studies Instructor
- COSC491 Research Instructor
chaired theses and dissertations
- Khapuwala, Smit (2018-05). An Assessment of Aspergillis Fungi Bypass for a Small Commercial HVAC Unit. (Master's Thesis)
- Kanaan, Basel Hamdi (2016-12). Observing the In-Situ Behaviour of Series and Parallel VAV-Fan Powered Terminal Units. (Master's Thesis)
- Tiwari, Ateesh (2016-05). Use of a Building Energy Model to Predict Energy Utilization Index: A Comparison. (Master's Thesis)
- Chhajed, Shreyans (2014-08). Sensitivity of Building Energy Simulation with Building Occupancy for a University Building. (Master's Thesis)
- Bible, Mitchell (2011-08). Modeling Building Energy Use and HVAC Efficiency Improvements in Extreme Hot and Humid Regions. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Dean Of College Of Architecture; 3137 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3137