Dr. Marwan Khraisheh's teaching and research interests include sustainable and smart manufacturing, materials for energy applications, materials processing, integration of mechanics and materials in manufacturing.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Washington State University - (Pullman, Washington, United States) 1996
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Washington State University - (Pullman, Washington, United States) 1992
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Jordan - (Amman, Jordan) 1990
- Manawi, Y. M., Wang, K., Kochkodan, V., Johnson, D. J., Atieh, M. A., & Khraisheh, M. K. (2018). Engineering the Surface and Mechanical Properties of Water Desalination Membranes Using Ultralong Carbon Nanotubes. Membranes. 8(4), 106-106.
- Fard, A. K., McKay, G., Buekenhoudt, A., Sulaiti, H. A., Motmans, F., Khraisheh, M., & Atieh, M. (2018). Inorganic Membranes: Preparation and Application for Water Treatment and Desalination. Materials. 11(1), 74-74.
- Wang, K., Abdalla, A. A., Khaleel, M. A., Hilal, N., & Khraisheh, M. K. (2017). Mechanical properties of water desalination and wastewater treatment membranes. Desalination. 401, 190-205.
- Berdiyorov, G. R., Mortazavi, B., Ahzi, S., Peeters, F. M., & Khraisheh, M. K. (2016). Effect of straining graphene on nanopore creation using Si cluster bombardment: A reactive atomistic investigation. Journal of Applied Physics. 120(22), 225108-225108.
- Mansoor, B., Nassar, H., Shunmugasamy, V. C., & Khraisheh, M. K. (2015). Three dimensional forming of compressed open-cell metallic foams at elevated temperatures. Materials Science and Engineering A. 628, 433-441.
in the news
- Tamuq engineers transform snorkelling masks into ventilators Gulf Times August 5, 2020
- Engineers from Texas A&M University transform snorkelling masks to ventilators I Love Qatar July 28, 2020
- Researchers at Tamuq addressing Covid-19 challenges in Qatar Gulf Times May 1, 2020
- Shuaib, N. A., & Khraisheh, M. (2013). Method and apparatus for characterizing microscale formability of thin sheet materials.
- Abu-Farha, F., & Khraisheh, M. (2010). Uniaxially-driven controlled biaxial testing fixture.
awards and honors
- Wethington Research Excellence Award conferred by University of Kentucky - (Lexington, Kentucky, United States) - College of Engineering 2007
- Wethington Research Excellence Award conferred by University of Kentucky - (Lexington, Kentucky, United States) - College of Engineering 2006
recent teaching activities