Srinivasa, Arun individual record
- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation
- Professor, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
My research focuses on plasticity of metals and polymers; thermomechanics of dissipative processes, dislocation dynamics, Cosserat continua, design and dynamics of compliant mechanisms.
education and training
- Sarwar, J., Shrouf, T., Srinivasa, A., Gao, H., Radovic, M., & Kakosimos, K. (2018). Characterization of thermal performance, flux transmission performance and optical properties of MAX phase materials under concentrated solar irradiation. SOLAR ENERGY MATERIALS AND SOLAR CELLS. 182, 76-91.
- El-Amri, I., Iquebal, A. S., Srinivasa, A., & Bukkapatnam, S. (2018). Localized magnetic fluid finishing of freeform surfaces using electropermanent magnets and magnetic concentration. JOURNAL OF MANUFACTURING PROCESSES. 34, 802-808.
- Mei, Y., Stover, B., Afsar Kazerooni, N., Srinivasa, A., Hajhashemkhani, M., Hematiyan, M. R., & Goenezen, S. (2018). A comparative study of two constitutive models within an inverse approach to determine the spatial stiffness distribution in soft materials. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MECHANICAL SCIENCES. 140, 446-454.
- Arbind, A., Srinivasa, A. R., & Reddy, J. N. (2018). A higher-order theory for open and closed curved rods and tubes using a novel curvilinear cylindrical coordinate system. Journal of Applied Mechanics, Transactions ASME. 85(9), 091006-091006.
- Rao, A., & Srinivasa, A. R. (2018). A thermodynamic driving force approach for analyzing functional degradation of shape memory alloy components. MECHANICS OF ADVANCED MATERIALS AND STRUCTURES. 1-13.
- Ko, W., Srinivasa, A., Kumar, P. R., & IOP, .. (2017). A Multi-Component Automated Laser-Origami System for Cyber-Manufacturing. 2017 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE APPLICATIONS AND TECHNOLOGIES (AIAAT 2017). 272,
- Kim, M. N., McVay, M. W., & Srinivasa, A. R. (2017). Impact of classroom demonstrations and surveys on higher-level learning. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE. 2017-June,
- Erel, V., Berry, J. L., Srinivasa, A., Creasy, T. S., & ASME, .. (2016). TOWARD MATERIAL PARAMETERS FOR MODELING DEVICES MADE FROM AN EPDXY-BASED SHAPE MEMORY POLYMER. PROCEEDINGS OF THE ASME CONFERENCE ON SMART MATERIALS, ADAPTIVE STRUCTURES AND INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS, 2014, VOL 1. 1,
- Kalyva, A. E., Vagia, E. C., Konstandopoulos, A. G., Srinivasa, A. R., T-Raissi, A., Muradov, N., & Kakosimos, K. E. (2016). Investigation of the thermochemical steps of the hybrid photothermal sulfur-ammonia water splitting cycle. 791-793.
- Muradov, N., T-Raissi, A., Kakosimos, K. E., Qin, N., & Srinivasa, A. (2016). Solar hybrid water-splitting cycle with thermal energy storage as integral part of the cycle. 1013-1015.
awards and honors
chaired theses and dissertations
- Wang, Zhujiang (2016-05). Development of Techniques for Modeling the Static Buckling of Euler Beam and Dynamic Response of Kirchhoff Rods: Application to Surgical Simulation and Training. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Tajdari, Mahsa (2016-05). Modeling of Brittle and Ductile Material Drilling Using Smoothed-Particle Hydrodynamics. (Master's Thesis)
- Gangadaran, Jaganath (2015-12). Modelling Fibrous Materials as a Large Deformation, Non-Local and Non-Linear Truss Network. (Master's Thesis)
- Ponnalagu, Alagappan (2015-08). Dynamic Response of Viscoelastic Solids Described by Implicit Constitutive Theories. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Balachandran, Shreyas (2015-05). Microstructure Development in Bulk Niobium Following Severe Plastic Deformation and Annealing. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Mechanical Engineering; 3123 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4251