Srinivasa, Arun individual record
My research focuses on plasticity of metals and polymers; thermomechanics of dissipative processes, dislocation dynamics, Cosserat continua, design and dynamics of compliant mechanisms.
education and training
- Rao, A., & Srinivasa, A. R. (2019). A thermodynamic driving force approach for analyzing functional degradation of shape memory alloy components. Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures. 26(18), 1543-1555.
- Roy, S., & Srinivasa, A. (2018). SESPrager special issue of MAMS honoring Professor J.N. Reddy as recipient of the Prager Medal. Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures. 25(14), 1169-1170.
- Sarwar, J., Shrouf, T., Srinivasa, A., Gao, H., Radovic, M., & Kakosimos, K. (2018). Characterization of thermal performance, flux transmission performance and optical properties of MAX phase materials under concentrated solar irradiation. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells. 182, 76-91.
- Mei, Y., Stover, B., Afsar Kazerooni, N., Srinivasa, A., Hajhashemkhani, M., Hematiyan, M. R., & Goenezen, S. (2018). A comparative study of two constitutive models within an inverse approach to determine the spatial stiffness distribution in soft materials. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences. 140, 446-454.
- Wang, Z., Srinivasa, A. R., Rajagopal, K. R., & Reddy, J. N. (2018). Simulation of inextensible elasto-plastic beams based on an implicit rate type model. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics. 99, 165-172.
- Ko, W., Srinivasa, A., & Kumar, P. R. (2017). A Multi-Component Automated Laser-Origami System for Cyber-Manufacturing. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 272(1), 012013-012013.
- Kim, N., McVay, M. T., & Srinivasa, A. (2017). Impact of Classroom Demonstrations and Surveys on Higher-level Learning. 2017 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition Proceedings, 2017 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition. 2017-June,
- Kalyva, A. E., Vagia, E. C., Konstandopoulos, A. G., Srinivasa, A. R., T-Raissi, A., Muradov, N., & Kakosimos, K. E. (2016). Investigation of the thermochemical steps of the hybrid photothermal sulfur-ammonia water splitting cycle. WHEC 2016 - 21st World Hydrogen Energy Conference 2016, Proceedings. 791-793.
- Muradov, N., T-Raissi, A., Kakosimos, K. E., Qin, N., & Srinivasa, A. (2016). Solar hybrid water-splitting cycle with thermal energy storage as integral part of the cycle. WHEC 2016 - 21st World Hydrogen Energy Conference 2016, Proceedings. 1013-1015.
- Erel, V., Berry, J. L., Srinivasa, A., & Creasy, T. S. (2015). Toward Material Parameters for Modeling Devices Made From an Epoxy-Based Shape Memory Polymer. Volume 1: Development and Characterization of Multifunctional Materials; Mechanics and Behavior of Active Materials; Modeling, Simulation and Control of Adaptive Systems, ASME 2015 Conference on Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems. 1, v001t01a018-v001t01a018.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Wang, Zhujiang (2016-05). Development of Techniques for Modeling the Static Buckling of Euler Beam and Dynamic Response of Kirchhoff Rods: Application to Surgical Simulation and Training. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Tajdari, Mahsa (2016-05). Modeling of Brittle and Ductile Material Drilling Using Smoothed-Particle Hydrodynamics. (Master's Thesis)
- Gangadaran, Jaganath (2015-12). Modelling Fibrous Materials as a Large Deformation, Non-Local and Non-Linear Truss Network. (Master's Thesis)
- Ponnalagu, Alagappan (2015-08). Dynamic Response of Viscoelastic Solids Described by Implicit Constitutive Theories. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Balachandran, Shreyas (2015-05). Microstructure Development in Bulk Niobium Following Severe Plastic Deformation and Annealing. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Mechanical Engineering; 3123 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4251