- Assistant Professor, Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Research interests involve kidney disease, urine proteomics, and RNA/miRNA alterations during progression of kidney disease, with a focus on dogs with chronic kidney disease. Our goals are to investigate the pathogenesis of kidney disease progression and to help develop and validate testing methods to improve the diagnosis and monitoring of renal disease in companion animals. Current investigations include evaluation of certain urinary proteins as early markers of renal disease and specific markers of renal disease progression. In addition, we are using urine gel electrophoresis to further characterize urine proteins present in dogs and cats with various renal disorders.
- Ph.D. in Veterinary Pathology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2010
- D.V.M. in Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University - (Ithaca, New York, United States) 2002
- B.S. in Biochemistry, Fondation Gandur pour l'Art - (Geneva, Switzerland) 1998
- Rhode, H., Muckova, P., Büchler, R., Wendler, S., Tautkus, B., Vogel, M., ... Nabity, M. (2019). A next generation setup for pre-fractionation of non-denatured proteins reveals diverse albumin proteoforms each carrying several post-translational modifications.. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. 9(1), 11733.
- Clark, S. D., Song, W., Cianciolo, R., Lees, G., Nabity, M., & Liu, S. (2019). Abnormal Expression of miR-21 in Kidney Tissue of Dogs With X-Linked Hereditary Nephropathy: A Canine Model of Chronic Kidney Disease. Veterinary pathology. 56(1), 93-105.
- Chu, C. P., & Nabity, M. B. (2019). Comparison of RNA isolation and library preparation methods for small RNA sequencing of canine biofluids.. VETERINARY CLINICAL PATHOLOGY.
- Boyd, C. J., Claus, M. A., Raisis, A. L., Cianciolo, R., Bosio, E., Hosgood, G., ... Smart, L. (2019). Evaluation of biomarkers of kidney injury following 4% succinylated gelatin and 6% hydroxyethyl starch 130/0.4 administration in a canine hemorrhagic shock model. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Hernandez, A. M., Bilbrough, G., DeNicola, D. B., Myrick, C., Edwards, S., Hammond, J. M., ... Nabity, M. B. (2019). Comparison of the performance of the IDEXX SediVue Dx® with manual microscopy for the detection of cells and 2 crystal types in canine and feline urine. JOURNAL OF VETERINARY INTERNAL MEDICINE. 33(1), 167-177.