Dr. Tedeschi conducts research on energy and nutrient requirements of grazing and feedlot animals, growth biology and bioenergetics, chemical composition and kinetics of fermentation of feeds, modeling and simulation of decision support systems, and evaluation of models (http://nutritionmodels.tamu.edu). He has collaborated with several researchers overseas to develop models for small ruminants (sheep and goats). He utilizes System Dynamics concepts applied to nutrition.
- Tedeschi, L. O., Bureau, D. P., Ferket, P. R., & Trottier, N. L. (2021). ASAS-NANP SYMPOSIUM: Mathematical modeling in animal nutrition: training the future generation in data and predictive analytics for sustainable development. A Summary. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 99(2), skab023-.
- Free, N., Menendez, H. M., & Tedeschi, L. O. (2021). A paradigm shift for academia teaching in the era of virtual technology: The case study of developing an edugame in animal science. Education and Information Technologies. 1-18.
- Tedeschi, L. O., Greenwood, P. L., & Halachmi, I. (2021). Advancements in Sensor Technology and Decision Support Intelligent Tools to Assist Smart Livestock Farming. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 99(2), skab038-.
- Batalha, C., Tedeschi, L. O., de Araújo, F. L., Branco, R. H., dos Santos Gonçalves Cyrillo, J. N., & Bonilha, S. (2021). Animals selected for postweaning weight gain rate have similar maintenance energy requirements regardless of their residual feed intake classification. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 99(3), skab067-.
- Dillon, J. A., Stackhouse-Lawson, K. R., Thoma, G. J., Gunter, S. A., Rotz, C. A., Kebreab, E., ... Mueller, N. D. (2021). Current state of enteric methane and the carbon footprint of beef and dairy cattle in the United States. Animal Frontiers. 11(4), 57-68.
- Crossland, W. L., Callaway, T. R., & Tedeschi, L. O. (2015). Shiga toxin-producing E.Coli and ruminant diets: A match made in heaven?. Food Safety: Emerging Issues, Technologies and Systems. 185-213.
- Tedeschi, L. O., Fox, D. G., Baker, M. J., & Long, K. L. (2006). A model to evaluate beef cow efficiency. Nutrient Digestion and Utilization in Farm Animals: Modelling Approaches. 84-98.
- Cannas, A., Tedeschi, L. O., Atzori, A. S., & Fox, D. G. (2006). Prediction of energy requirement for growing sheep with the cornell net carbohydrate and protein system. Nutrient Digestion and Utilization in Farm Animals: Modelling Approaches. 99-113.
- Lancaster, P. A., Davis, M., Tedeschi, L. O., Rutledge, J., & Cundiff, L. (2021). 71 Evaluation of the CVDS Beef Cow Model to Estimate Biological Efficiency in Mature Cows. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 99(Supplement_1), 119-119.
- Buessing, Z. T., Davis, M. E., Tedeschi, L. O., White, B. J., & Lancaster, P. A. (2021). Assessment of Nursing Calf Feed Intake Equations in Predicting Calf Feed Intake. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 99, 225-225.
- Adams, J. M., Norris, A. B., Dias Batista, L. F., Rivera, M. E., & Tedeschi, L. O. (2020). Comparison of in situ techniques to evaluate the recovery of indigestible components and the accuracy of digestibility estimates.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 98(10), 254-254.
- Vargas-Villamil, L. M., Tedeschi, L. O., Medina-Peralta, S., Izquierdo-Reyes, F., Navarro-Alberto, J., & González-Garduño, R. (2020). A multi-inverse approach for a holistic understanding of applied animal science systems. Animal. 14(S2), s238-s249.
- Rivera, M. E., Norris, A. B., & Tedeschi, L. O. (2020). 157 The effect of sample handling methodology on ruminal redox potential measured in vivo and in vitro. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 98(Supplement_2), 54-54.
- Texas A&M AgriLife establishes rural veterinarian network AgriLife Today October 5, 2020
- Modeling to improve environmental impacts of livestock production AgriLife Today September 18, 2020
- Texas A&M faculty, students pick up animal science awards AgriLife Today July 20, 2020
- Smith, William Brandon (2017-08). Impact of Dried Distillers' Grains with Solubles Supplementation of Cattle While Grazing Bermudagrass on the Plant-Animal Interface. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Klopatek, Sarah B (2016-08). Ruminant Methanogenic Activity in the United States Beef Cattle Industry. (Master's Thesis)
- Ramirez, Justin A (2014-05). Effects of Residual Feed Intake Classification on Temperament, Carcass Composition, and Feeding Behavior Traits in Growing Santa Gertrudis Heifers. (Master's Thesis)
- Wiley, Leanne (2013-08). An Exploration of Biological Mechanisms that Impact Intake and Feed Efficiency in the Grazing Animal. (Master's Thesis)
- Naumann, Harley Dean (2013-08). Molecular Weight of Condensed Tannins from Warm-season Perennial Legumes and Its Effect on Condensed Tannin Biological Activity. (Doctoral Dissertation)