Dr. Ioerger's research interests are in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent Agents, and Machine Learning. His work has covered diverse areas, from spatial reasoning, to simulating team-work, to modeling emotions. Currently, his primary focus is on designing multi-agent system architectures to simulate collaborative behavior and teamwork. He also applies AI and machine learning methods to various problems in the area of Bioinformatics, including the improvement of protein sequence alignments, molecular modeling, and X-ray crystallography. The latter research has lead to the development of an automated software system for protein model-building called TEXTAL, which is currently being used by crystallographers throughout the world.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign - (Urbana, Illinois, United States) 1996
- M.S. in Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign - (Urbana, Illinois, United States) 1992
- B.S. in Molecular and Cell Biology, Pennsylvania State University - (State College, Pennsylvania, United States) 1989
- Consalvi, S., Venditti, G., Zhu, J., Boshoff, H. I., Arora, K., De Logu, A., ... Poce, G. (2021). 6-Fluorophenylbenzohydrazides inhibit Mycobacterium tuberculosis growth through alteration of tryptophan biosynthesis. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 226, 113843-113843.
- Dutta, E., DeJesus, M. A., Ruecker, N., Zaveri, A., Koh, E., Sassetti, C. M., Schnappinger, D., & Ioerger, T. R. (2021). An improved statistical method to identify chemical-genetic interactions by exploiting concentration-dependence. PLOS ONE. 16(10), e0257911-e0257911.
- Choudhery, S., Brown, A. J., Akusobi, C., Rubin, E. J., Sassetti, C. M., & Ioerger, T. R. (2021). Modeling Site-Specific Nucleotide Biases Affecting Himar1 Transposon Insertion Frequencies in TnSeq Data Sets. mSystems. 6(5), e00876-e00821.
- DeWitt, T. J., Fuentes, J. I., Ioerger, T. R., & Bishop, M. P. (2021). Rectifying I: three point and continuous fit of the spatial autocorrelation metric, Moran’s I, to ideal form. Landscape Ecology. 36(10), 2897-2918.
- Su, H., Lin, K., Tiwari, D., Healy, C., Trujillo, C., Liu, Y., ... Ehrt, S. (2021). Genetic models of latent tuberculosis in mice reveal differential influence of adaptive immunity.. J Exp Med. 218(9), e20210332.
- Ioerger, T. R. (2022). Analysis of Gene Essentiality from TnSeq Data Using Transit. Methods Mol Biol. Methods in Molecular Biology. 391-421. Springer US.
- Ioerger, T. R., He, L., Lord, D., & Tsang, P. (2019). Modeling Capabilities and Workload in Intelligent Agents for Simulating Teamwork. Proceedings of the Twenty-Fourth Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society. 482-487. Routledge.
- Musa, T. L., Ioerger, T. R., & Sacchettini, J. C. (2009). THE TUBERCULOSIS STRUCTURAL GENOMICS CONSORTIUM: A STRUCTURAL GENOMICS APPROACH TO DRUG DISCOVERY. Advances in protein chemistry and structural biology. STRUCTURAL GENOMICS, PART C. 41-76.
- Dutta, E., Bothra, A., Chaspari, T., Ioerger, T., & Mortazavi, B. J. (2020). Reinforcement Learning using EEG signals for Therapeutic Use of Music in Emotion Management.. Annu Int Conf IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc, 2020 42nd Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC) in conjunction with the 43rd Annual Conference of the Canadian Medical and Biological Engineering Society. 2020, 5553-5556.
- Steindor, M., Nkwouano, V., Stefanski, A., Stuehler, K., Ioerger, T. R., Bogumil, D., ... Kalscheuer, R. (2019). A proteomics approach for the identification of species-specific immunogenic proteins in the Mycobacterium abscessus complex. Cystic fibrosis, ERS International Congress 2019 abstracts. 54, pa975.
- Lai, Y., & Ioerger, T. R. (2017). A Compatibility Approach to Identify Recombination Breakpoints in Bacterial and Viral Genomes. Proceedings of the 8th ACM International Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology,and Health Informatics, BCB '17: 8th ACM International Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics. 11-20.
- Haspel, N., Ioerger, T., & Al-Mubaid, H. (2016). Message from chairs. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, BICOB 2016. iv.
- Kieser, K. J., Baranowski, C., Chao, M. C., Long, J. E., Sassetti, C. M., Waldor, M. K., ... Rubin, E. J. (2015). Peptidoglycan synthesis in Mycobacterium tuberculosis is organized into networks with varying drug susceptibility. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 112(42), 13087-13092.
Repository Documents / Preprints19
- Akusobi, C., Benghomari, B. S., Wolf, I. D., Singhvi, S., Zhu, J., Dulberger, C. L., Ioerger, T. R., & Rubin, E. J. (2021). High-density transposon mutagenesis in Mycobacterium abscessus identifies an essential penicillin-binding lipo-protein (PBP-lipo) involved in septal peptidoglycan synthesis and antibiotic sensitivity.
- Choudhery, S., Brown, A. J., Akusobi, C., Rubin, E. J., Sassetti, C. M., & Ioerger, T. R. (2021). Modeling site-specific nucleotide biases affecting Himar1 transposon insertion frequencies in TnSeq datasets.
- Koh, E., Oluoch, P. O., Ruecker, N., Proulx, M. K., Soni, V., Murphy, K. C., ... Sassetti, C. M. (2021). Chemical-genetic interaction mapping links carbon metabolism and cell wall structure to tuberculosis drug efficacy.
- Jinich, A., Zaveri, A., DeJesus, M. A., Flores-Bautista, E., Smith, C. M., Sassetti, C. M., ... Rhee, K. (2021). The Mycobacterium tuberculosis transposon sequencing database (MtbTnDB): a large-scale guide to genetic conditional essentiality.
- Su, H., Lin, K., Tiwari, D., Healy, C., Trujillo, C., Liu, Y., ... Ehrt, S. (2021). Genetic models of latent tuberculosis in mice reveal differential control by adaptive immunity.
- Nelson, Eric James (2016-12). Learning to Control Linear Time-Invariant Systems with Discrete Time Reinforcement Learning. (Master's Thesis)
- De Jesus Aneiro, Michael A. (2016-12). Statistical Analysis of Transposon Sequencing Data to Determine Essential Genes. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- DeJesus, Michael A. (2012-05). Bayesian Analysis of Transposon Mutagenesis Data. (Master's Thesis)
- Pai Karkala, Reetal (2009-05). Fragment Based Protein Active Site Analysis Using Markov Random Field Combinations of Stereochemical Feature-Based Classifications. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Palmer, Victor (2007-08). Scaling reinforcement learning to the unconstrained multi-agent domain. (Doctoral Dissertation)