Dr. Ioerger's research interests are in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent Agents, and Machine Learning. His work has covered diverse areas, from spatial reasoning, to simulating team-work, to modeling emotions. Currently, his primary focus is on designing multi-agent system architectures to simulate collaborative behavior and teamwork. He also applies AI and machine learning methods to various problems in the area of Bioinformatics, including the improvement of protein sequence alignments, molecular modeling, and X-ray crystallography. The latter research has lead to the development of an automated software system for protein model-building called TEXTAL, which is currently being used by crystallographers throughout the world.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign - (Urbana, Illinois, United States) 1996
- M.S. in Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign - (Urbana, Illinois, United States) 1992
- B.S. in Molecular and Cell Biology, Pennsylvania State University - (State College, Pennsylvania, United States) 1989
- Libardo, M., Duncombe, C. J., Green, S. R., Wyatt, P. G., Thompson, S., Ray, P. C., ... Barry, C. E. (2021). Resistance of Mycobacterium tuberculosis to indole 4-carboxamides occurs through alterations in drug metabolism and tryptophan biosynthesis. Cell Chemical Biology.
- Shelton, C. D., McNeil, M. B., Early, J. V., Ioerger, T. R., & Parish, T. (2021). Deletion of Rv2571c confers resistance to arylamide compounds in Mycobacterium tuberculosis.. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy.
- Omollo, C., Singh, V., Kigondu, E., Wasuna, A., Agarwal, P., Moosa, A., ... Warner, D. F. (2021). Developing synergistic drug combinations to restore antibiotic sensitivity in drug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis.. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy.
- Oh, S., Libardo, M., Azeeza, S., Pauly, G. T., Roma, J., Sajid, A., ... Barry, C. E. (2021). Structure-Activity Relationships of Pyrazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidin-7(4H)-ones as Antitubercular Agents.. ACS Infectious Diseases. 7(2), 479-492.
- Fishbein, S., Tomasi, F. G., Wolf, I. D., Dulberger, C. L., Wang, A., Keshishian, H., ... Rubin, E. J. (2020). The conserved translation factor LepA is required for optimal synthesis of a porin family in Mycobacterium smegmatis.. JOURNAL OF BACTERIOLOGY. 203(6),
- Ioerger, T. R., He, L., Lord, D., & Tsang, P. (2019). Modeling Capabilities and Workload in Intelligent Agents for Simulating Teamwork. Proceedings of the Twenty-Fourth Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society. (pp. 482-487). Routledge.
- Musa, T. L., Ioerger, T. R., & Sacchettini, J. C. (2009). THE TUBERCULOSIS STRUCTURAL GENOMICS CONSORTIUM: A STRUCTURAL GENOMICS APPROACH TO DRUG DISCOVERY. Adv Protein Chem Struct Biol. STRUCTURAL GENOMICS, PART C. (pp. 41-76).
- Dutta, E., Bothra, A., Chaspari, T., Ioerger, T., & Mortazavi, B. J. (2020). Reinforcement Learning using EEG signals for Therapeutic Use of Music in Emotion Management. Proceedings of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBS. 00, 5553-5556.
- Steindor, M., Nkwouano, V., Stefanski, A., Stuehler, K., Ioerger, T. R., Bogumil, D., ... Kalscheuer, R. (2019). A proteomics approach for the identification of species-specific immunogenic proteins in the Mycobacterium abscessus complex. EUROPEAN RESPIRATORY JOURNAL. 54, pa975.
- Lai, Y., & Ioerger, T. R. (2017). A Compatibility Approach to Identify Recombination Breakpoints in Bacterial and Viral Genomes. 11-20.
- Haspel, N., Ioerger, T., & Al-Mubaid, H. (2016). Message from chairs. iv.
- Kieser, K. J., Baranowski, C., Chao, M. C., Long, J. E., Sassetti, C. M., Waldor, M. K., ... Rubin, E. J. (2015). Peptidoglycan synthesis in Mycobacterium tuberculosis is organized into networks with varying drug susceptibility. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 112(42), 13087-13092.
- Nelson, Eric James (2016-12). Learning to Control Linear Time-Invariant Systems with Discrete Time Reinforcement Learning. (Master's Thesis)
- De Jesus Aneiro, Michael A. (2016-12). Statistical Analysis of Transposon Sequencing Data to Determine Essential Genes. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- DeJesus, Michael A. (2012-05). Bayesian Analysis of Transposon Mutagenesis Data. (Master's Thesis)
- Pai Karkala, Reetal (2009-05). Fragment Based Protein Active Site Analysis Using Markov Random Field Combinations of Stereochemical Feature-Based Classifications. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Palmer, Victor (2007-08). Scaling reinforcement learning to the unconstrained multi-agent domain. (Doctoral Dissertation)