Dr. Howard's research interests include the examination of epidemiologic patterns of health outcomes that disproportionately affect African Americans; minority health and health disparities; health policy and health services.
education and training
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - (Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1998
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1994
- Ph.D. in Education and Human Development, Vanderbilt University - (Nashville, Tennessee, United States) 1992
- B.A. in Economics, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States) 1987
- Guerrero, E., Ober, A. J., Howard, D. L., Khachikian, T., Kong, Y., van Deen, W. K., ... Menchine, M. (2020). Organizational Factors Associated with Practitioners’ Support for Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder in the Emergency Department. Addict Behav. 102, 106197-106197.
- Bruce, M. A., Bowie, J. V., Barge, H., Beech, B. M., LaVeist, T. A., Howard, D. L., & Thorpe, R. J. (2020). Religious Coping and Quality of Life Among Black and White Men With Prostate Cancer.. Cancer Control. 27(3), 1073274820936288-107327482093628.
- Guerrero, E. G., Khachikian, T., Frimpong, J. A., Kong, Y., Howard, D. L., & Hunter, S. (2019). Drivers of continued implementation of cultural competence in substance use disorder treatment. JOURNAL OF SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT. 105, 5-11.
- Ross, L. E., Hall, I. J., Howard, D. L., Rim, S. H., & Richardson, L. C. (2018). Primary Care Physicians Beliefs about Prostate-Specific Antigen Evidence Uncertainty, Screening Efficacy, and Test Use. JOURNAL OF THE NATIONAL MEDICAL ASSOCIATION. 110(5), 491-500.
- Thompson, G. A., Ellis, D., Stevenson, J. L., Williams, J. M., Howard, D. L., & Godley, P. A. (2017). Black Pastorsâ€™ Views on preaching about sex: barriers, facilitators, and opportunities for HIV prevention messaging. Ethnicity & health. 24(5), 1-15.
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Dean Of Liberal Arts; 4223 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4223