Our laboratory is interested in elucidating novel plant immune signaling pathways as well as studying the myriad actions of pathogen virulence factors that intercept host immune responses. In order to provide a complete view of host-microbe interactions, we are using cellular, functional genomic, genetic, biochemical and bioinformatic approaches. In addition, plant immunity is inextricably linked with plant development and environmental stresses. We are also interested in understanding the signaling crosstalk that orchestrates plant responses to different extrinsic and intrinsic signals. Ultimately, knowledge gained from studying model plants, such as Arabidopsis, will be applied to improve crop plants for resistance against different biotic and abiotic stresses.
- Ph.D. in , Arkansas State University - (Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States) 2003
- M.S. in , Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology - (Beijing, China) 1998
- B.S. in , China Agricultural University - (Beijing, China) 1993
- Wang, P., Mormile, B., & He, P. (2021). A ‘GLoRy’ Battle for Cotton against Fusarium. Trends Plant Sci. 26(7), 671-673.
- Huang, Y., Yin, C., Liu, J., Feng, B., Ge, D., Kong, L., ... He, P. (2020). A trimeric CrRLK1L-LLG1 complex genetically modulates SUMM2-mediated autoimmunity.. Nat Commun. 11(1), 4859.
- Liu, J., Huang, Y., Kong, L., Yu, X., Feng, B., Liu, D., ... He, P. (2020). The malectin-like receptor-like kinase LETUM1 modulates NLR protein SUMM2 activation via MEKK2 scaffolding.. Nat Plants. 6(9), 1106-1115.
- Ma, X., Claus, L., Leslie, M. E., Tao, K., Wu, Z., Liu, J., ... Shan, L. (2020). Ligand-induced monoubiquitination of BIK1 regulates plant immunity.. Nature. 581(7807), 199-203.
- Yang, Y., Liu, J., Yin, C., de Souza Vespoli, L., Ge, D., Huang, Y., ... He, P. (2020). RNA Interference-Based Screen Reveals Concerted Functions of MEKK2 and CRCK3 in Plant Cell Death Regulation.. Plant Physiol. 183(1), 331-344.
- Yu, X., Feng, B., He, P., & Shan, L. (2017). From Chaos to Harmony: Responses and Signaling upon Microbial Pattern Recognition.. Annual Review of Phytopathology. ANNUAL REVIEW OF PHYTOPATHOLOGY, VOL 55. 109-137. Annual Reviews.
- Li, M., Li, F., & He, P. (2015). Construction of a cotton VIGS library for functional genomics study.. Methods Mol Biol. Methods in Molecular Biology. 267-279. Springer New York.
- Ma, X., Peng, J., Shan, L., & He, P. (2018). PAMP-induced monoubiquitination of PRR-associated kinase BIK1 by an E3 ligase LUCKY positively regulates plant innate immunity. JOURNAL OF IMMUNOLOGY. 200(1),
- Michelmore, R., Coaker, G., Bart, R., Beattie, G., Bent, A., Bruce, T., ... Walsh, J. (2017). Foundational and Translational Research Opportunities to Improve Plant Health.. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 30(7), 515-516.
- Texas A&M University Announces 2020 EDGES Fellows Texas A&M Today October 7, 2020
- Research To Advance Crop Resilience Texas A&M Today September 2, 2020
- Plant Science Discovery May Help Treat Allergies and Immune Deficiencies Texas A&M Today May 26, 2020
- Plant science discovery may help treat allergies and immune deficiencies AgriLife Today May 26, 2020
- Ma, Xiyu (2017-12). Exploring Plant Innate Immune Signaling Network: Layered Post-translational Modifications in Play. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Xu, Guangyuan (2016-08). Genetic Dissection and Functional Analysis of Suppressors of Receptor-Like Kinase BAK1 Family-Mediated Cell Death. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Cheng, Cheng (2013-12). Genetic and Biochemical Analysis of Innate Immunity in Arabidopsis thaliana. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zhou, Jinggeng (2013-08). Bacterial Effector HopF2 Suppresses Arabidopsis Immunity by Targeting BAK1. (Master's Thesis)