Our laboratory is interested in elucidating novel plant immune signaling pathways as well as studying the myriad actions of pathogen virulence factors that intercept host immune responses. In order to provide a complete view of host-microbe interactions, we are using cellular, functional genomic, genetic, biochemical and bioinformatic approaches. In addition, plant immunity is inextricably linked with plant development and environmental stresses. We are also interested in understanding the signaling crosstalk that orchestrates plant responses to different extrinsic and intrinsic signals. Ultimately, knowledge gained from studying model plants, such as Arabidopsis, will be applied to improve crop plants for resistance against different biotic and abiotic stresses.
- Ph.D. in , Arkansas State University - (Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States) 2003
- M.S. in , Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology - (Beijing, China) 1998
- B.S. in , China Agricultural University - (Beijing, China) 1993
- Liu, Z., Jian, Y., Chen, Y., Kistler, H. C., He, P., Ma, Z., & Yin, Y. (2019). A phosphorylated transcription factor regulates sterol biosynthesis in Fusarium graminearum. Nature Communications. 10(1), 1228.
- Hou, S., Yin, C., & He, P. (2019). Cleave and Unleash: Metacaspases Prepare Peps for Work. TRENDS IN PLANT SCIENCE.
- Huang, Y., Zhang, L., Ma, X., Zhao, Z., Zhao, J., Zhao, J., ... Wang, W. (2019). Multiple intramolecular trafficking signals in RESISTANCE TO POWDERY MILDEW 8.2 are engaged in activation of cell death and defense. Plant J. 98(1), 55-70.
- Yu, X., Li, B. o., Jang, G., Jiang, S., Jiang, D., Jang, J., ... He, P. (2019). Orchestration of Processing Body Dynamics and mRNA Decay in Arabidopsis Immunity. CELL REPORTS. 28(8), 2194-+.
- Zhou, J., Wang, P., Claus, L., Savatin, D. V., Xu, G., Wu, S., ... Shan, L. (2019). Proteolytic Processing of SERK3/BAK1 Regulates Plant Immunity, Development, and Cell Death. Plant Physiol. 180(1), 543-558.
- Yu, X., Feng, B., He, P., & Shan, L. (2017). From Chaos to Harmony: Responses and Signaling upon Microbial Pattern Recognition. (pp. 109-137). Annual Reviews.
- Li, M., Li, F., & He, P. (2015). Construction of a cotton VIGS library for functional genomics study.. Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.). Plant Gene Silencing: Methods and Protocols. (pp. 267-279). Springer New York.
- Michelmore, R., Coaker, G., Bart, R., Beattie, G., Bent, A., Bruce, T., ... Walsh, J. (2017). Foundational and Translational Research Opportunities to Improve Plant Health.. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 30(7), 515-516.
- Ma, Xiyu (2017-12). Exploring Plant Innate Immune Signaling Network: Layered Post-translational Modifications in Play. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Xu, Guangyuan (2016-08). Genetic Dissection and Functional Analysis of Suppressors of Receptor-Like Kinase BAK1 Family-Mediated Cell Death. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Cheng, Cheng (2013-12). Genetic and Biochemical Analysis of Innate Immunity in Arabidopsis thaliana. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zhou, Jinggeng (2013-08). Bacterial Effector HopF2 Suppresses Arabidopsis Immunity by Targeting BAK1. (Master's Thesis)