education and training
- Ph.D. in Hydrology/Hydrogeology, University of Nevada Reno - (Reno, Nevada, United States) 1996
- M.S. in Physics, University of Nevada Reno - (Reno, Nevada, United States) 1993
- B.S. in Physics, University of Science and Technology of China - (Hefei, China) 1989
- Lian, B., Peng, J., Zhan, H., & Cui, X. (2020). Effect of randomly distributed fibre on triaxial shear behavior of loess. BULLETIN OF ENGINEERING GEOLOGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT. 79(3), 1555-1563.
- Li, J., Li, X., Zhan, H., Song, M., Liu, C., Kong, X., & Sun, L. (2020). Modified method for fracability evaluation of tight sandstones based on interval transit time. Petroleum Science. 17(2), 477-486.
- Wang, X., Wang, J., Zhan, H., Li, P., Qiu, H., & Hu, S. (2020). Moisture content effect on the creep behavior of loess for the catastrophic Baqiao landslide. CATENA. 187, 104371-104371.
- Yao, W., Li, C., Zhan, H., Zhang, H., & Chen, W. (2020). Probabilistic multi-objective optimization for landslide reinforcement with stabilizing piles in Zigui Basin of Three Gorges Reservoir region, China. STOCHASTIC ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH AND RISK ASSESSMENT.
- Zhang, T., Liu, S., Zhan, H., Ma, C., & Cai, G. (2020). Durability of silty soil stabilized with recycled lignin for sustainable engineering materials. Journal of Cleaner Production. 248, 119293-119293.
- Chen, Z., Qian, J., Zhan, H., Chen, L., & Luo, S. (2011). Mobile-immobile model of solute transport through porous and fractured media. IAHS-AISH Publication. 341, 154-+.
- Chen, Z., Qian, J. Z., Zhan, H. B., Chen, L. W., & Luo, S. H. (2009). Mobile-immobile model in solute transport through porous and fracture media. 313-316.
- Park, E. G., & Zhan, H. B. (2000). Analytical solutions of contaminant transport from finite three-dimensional pulse and continuous sources. 81-87.
- Zhan, H. B., & Park, E. Y. (2000). Ground water flow to a slant well. 468-474.
- Zhan, H. B. (1998). Capture time analysis in a heterogeneous capture zone. IAHS-AISH Publication. 250(250), 579-582.
awards and honors
chaired theses and dissertations
- Islam, Jinia (2015-05). Leakage Rate and Hydraulic Head Change Evaluation through Conduits in Deep Storage Aquifers. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Blumenthal, Benjamin (2014-12). Kinetic and Friction Head Loss Impacts on Horizontal Water Supply and Aquifer Storage and Recovery Wells. (Master's Thesis)
- Liu, Xin (2014-12). Calculation of Steady-State Evaporation for an Arbitrary Matric Potential at Ground Surface. (Master's Thesis)
- Mohamed, Ahmed Mohamed Anwar Sayed (2013-08). Semi-analytical Solution for Multiphase Fluid Flow Applied to CO2 Sequestration in Geologic Porous Media. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Cavdar, Sevgi (2013-05). Assessing the Transient Flow Behavior in Falling-head Permeameter Tests. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Geology; 3115 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3115