I have a broad background in health education, with specific training and expertise in school and adolescent health issues and a focus in workforce training, professional development, and continuing education. My research includes program implementation effects, including the impacts on youth and adolescents as well as the workforce delivering the programs. As PI or Co-Investigator on several externally funded grants, I have laid the ground work to better understand health education post-secondary training relevant to the school-based educators and administrators, and by establishing strong ties with school entities (schools and districts) that will make it possible to recruit and track participants over time as documented in the following publications. I've successfully administered projects (e.g. staffing, research protections, budget), collaborated with others and produced several peer-reviewed publications related to school health and professional development. As a result of these previous experiences, I am aware of the importance of frequent communication among project members and of constructing a realistic research plan, timeline, and budget.
- Johnson, K. E., Conn, K. L., Osborne, C., Wilson, K. L., & Rew, L. (2022). School-Level Efforts to Address Sexual Health and Risky Sexual Behavior Among Students in Texas Alternative High Schools.. J Sch Nurs. 38(3), 299-305.
- Bowman, A., Knack, J. M., Barry, A. E., Merianos, A. L., Wilson, K. L., McKyer, E., & Smith, M. L. (2021). Self-Perceptions and Factors Associated With Being Put Down at School Among Middle and High School Students.. J Sch Nurs. 37(4), 270-279.
- Kim, C., Lunde, B., MacIsaac, L., Arden, M., Garney, W. R., Wilson, K. L., & Li, Y. (2021). Provision of contraceptive implants in school-based health centers: A cost-effectiveness analysis.. Contraception. 103(2), 107-112.
- Smith, M. L., Wilson, K. L., & Bergeron, C. D. (2020). Condom Use for Sexually Transmitted Infection Prevention Among Hispanic Teenage Mothers: A Community-Based Randomized Trial.. J Womens Health (Larchmt). (4), 534-540.
- Maness, S. B., Wilson, K. L., Thompson, E. L., Rosen, B. L., & Zingg, T. (2020). High-risk adolescents sexuality education preferences based on Hispanic ethnicity. Sex Education. (2), 217-226.
- Wilson, K. L., Nelon, J. L., Esquivel, C. H., Holden, C. B., McDonald, S., & Rosen, B. L. (2019). 56. Dating Violence Prevention Curriculum Effects On Middle School Youth. Journal of Adolescent Health. 64(2), S31-S31.
- Wilson, K. L., Rosen, B. L., Thompson, E. L., & Maness, S. (2018). High-Risk Adolescents' Sexuality Education Preferences Based on Sexual Orientation. Journal of Adolescent Health. 62(2), S78-S79.
- Wilson, K. L., & Garney, W. R. (2018). Identifying Framerwork Components to Support the Development of Early Innovation in Teen Pregnancy Prevention. Journal of Adolescent Health. 62(2), S105-S105.
- Wilson, K. L., Rosen, B. L., & Szucs, L. E. (2018). Middle School Students' Self-Efficacy to Control Anger and Resolve Conflicts after Participation in Dating Violence Prevention Program. Journal of Adolescent Health. 62(2), S140-S140.
- Wilson, K. L., Szucs, L. E., Reyes, J. V., & Rosen, B. L. (2017). Factors Associated With Adolescent Males Intentions to Engage in Sexual Behaviors. Journal of Adolescent Health. 60(2), S100-S100.
- Fellow conferred by American School Health Association - (McLean, Virginia, United States) 2011
- Esquivel, Christi (2020-07). Analyzing the Feasibility of a Game-Based Learning Program to Prevent Teen Pregnancy: A Case Study. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Esquivel, Christi (2020-08). Analyzing the Feasibility of a Game-Based Learning Program to Prevent Teen Pregnancy: A Case Study. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Nelon, Jordan Lindsey (2020-07). The Use of Social Network Analysis to Assess Social Support Among Young Adults Who Experience Disability: A Program Evaluation. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Nelon, Jordan Lindsey (2020-08). The Use of Social Network Analysis to Assess Social Support Among Young Adults Who Experience Disability: A Program Evaluation. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Reyes, Jovanni Verenice (2018-08). Understanding Contraceptive Behaviors Among Latinas. (Doctoral Dissertation)