Gastel, Barbara individual record
education and training
- Gastel, B. (2016). Living up to my mentors.. Science (New York, N.Y.). 354(6318), 1494-1494.
- Gastel, B. (2016). Online resources on writing, publishing, and presenting: some top choices for the medical community.. The Ceylon medical journal. 61(3), 96-98.
- Gastel, B. (2015). AuthorAID and Editors: Collaborating to Assist Authors in Developing Countries. 38(3/4), 103-105.
- Gastel, B. (2015). Editing and Proofreading Your own Work. AMWA Journal. 30(4), 147-151.
- Appiah, B., Gastel, B., Burdine, J. N., & Russell, L. H. (2015). Science reporting in Accra, Ghana: Sources, barriers and motivational factors. PUBLIC UNDERSTANDING OF SCIENCE. 24(1), 23-37.
- Gastel, B. (2006). Concurrent sessions: exploring issues relating to international medical graduates.. Acad Med. 81(12 Suppl), S63-S68.
- Gastel, B. (2006). Impact of International Medical Graduates on U.S. and Global Health Care: summary of the ECFMG 50th anniversary invitational conference.. Acad Med. 81(12 Suppl), S3-S6.
- Gastel, B. (1999). Improving the social responsiveness of medical schools: summary of the conference.. Acad Med. 74(8 Suppl), S3-S7.
awards and honors
chaired theses and dissertations
- Molar Candanosa, Roberto Marcos (2017-05). Climate Change and Global Warming in the Media: A Content Analysis of the Mexican Newspaper El Universal. (Master's Thesis)
- Carney, Sara Elizabeth (2016-05). The Cosmos and the Earth: Content and Quality of Environmental Risk Communication in Cosmos (1980) and Cosmos (2014). (Master's Thesis)
- Schaefer, Mary Elizabeth (2014-12). U.S. Science Journalists' Views and Uses of Online Reader Comments: A Qualitative Study. (Master's Thesis)
- Subramanian, Roma (2011-12). Best Practices of Print Journalists Who Have Won Awards for Mental-Health Reporting: A Qualitative Interview Study. (Master's Thesis)
- Appiah, Bernard (2010-12). Science Journalism in Ghana: A Study of Journalists Who Cover Science. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Veterinary Integrative Biosciences; 4458 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4458