The long-term goal of our research is to study the molecular mechanisms of insulin signal transduction, insulin resistance and associated cardiovascular dysfunction, aiming at nutritional and therapeutic intervention for control of metabolic and cardiovascular disorders. My laboratory is focused on the study of cellular signaling and gene transcriptional regulation of metabolic homeostasis that are governed by the PI3K->Akt->FoxO pathway, with the hope of understanding how dysregulation of this pathway in insulin/IGF-1 action causes liver damage, cardiovascular dysfunction, and pancreatic beta cell failure, resulting in diabetes, obesity, and organ failure.
- Villarreal, D., Pradhan, G., Wu, C., Allred, C. D., Guo, S., & Sun, Y. (2019). A Simple High Efficiency Protocol for Pancreatic Islet Isolation from Mice.. Journal of visualized experiments : JoVE. (150),
- Liao, X., Song, L., Zeng, B., Liu, B., Qiu, Y., Qu, H., ... Zheng, H. (2019). Alteration of gut microbiota induced by DPP-4i treatment improves glucose homeostasis. EBioMedicine. 44, 665-674.
- Li, X., Chen, Y., Shen, J. Z., Pan, Q., Yang, W., Yan, H., ... Guo, S. (2019). Epigallocatechin Gallate Inhibits Hepatic Glucose Production in Primary Hepatocytes via Downregulating PKA Signaling Pathways and Transcriptional Factor FoxO1. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 67(13), 3651-3661.
- Yan, H., Yang, W., Zhou, F., Li, X., Pan, Q., Shen, Z., ... Guo, S. (2019). Estrogen Improves Insulin Sensitivity and Suppresses Gluconeogenesis via the Transcription Factor Foxo1. DIABETES. 68(2), db180638-304.
- Liu, H., Liu, M., Jin, Z., Yaqoob, S., Zheng, M., Cai, D., Liu, J., & Guo, S. (2019). Ginsenoside Rg2 inhibits adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes and suppresses obesity in high-fat-diet-induced obese mice through the AMPK pathway.. FOOD & FUNCTION. 10(6), 3603-3614.