The long-term goal of our research is to study the molecular mechanisms of insulin signal transduction, insulin resistance and associated cardiovascular dysfunction, aiming at nutritional and therapeutic intervention for control of metabolic and cardiovascular disorders. My laboratory is focused on the study of cellular signaling and gene transcriptional regulation of metabolic homeostasis that are governed by the PI3K->Akt->FoxO pathway, with the hope of understanding how dysregulation of this pathway in insulin/IGF-1 action causes liver damage, cardiovascular dysfunction, and pancreatic beta cell failure, resulting in diabetes, obesity, and organ failure.
- Zhou, J., Li, H., Cai, Y., Ma, L., Mathews, D., Lu, B., ... Wu, C. (2019). Mice lacking adenosine 2A receptor reveal increased severity of MCD-induced NASH. Journal of Endocrinology. -1(aop), 199-209.
- Villarreal, D., Pradhan, G., Wu, C., Allred, C. D., Guo, S., & Sun, Y. (2019). A Simple High Efficiency Protocol for Pancreatic Islet Isolation from Mice.. Journal of visualized experiments : JoVE. (150),
- Liu, H., Liu, M., Jin, Z., Yaqoob, S., Zheng, M., Cai, D., Liu, J., & Guo, S. (2019). Ginsenoside Rg2 inhibits adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes and suppresses obesity in high-fat-diet-induced obese mice through the AMPK pathway. Food & Function. 10(6), 3603-3614.
- Yang, W., Yan, H., Pan, Q., Shen, J. Z., Zhou, F., Wu, C., Sun, Y., & Guo, S. (2019). Glucagon regulates hepatic mitochondrial function and biogenesis through Foxo1. Journal of Endocrinology. -1(aop), 265-278.
- Zhang, K., Guo, X., Yan, H., Wu, Y., Pan, Q., Shen, J. Z., ... Guo, S. (2019). Phosphorylation of Forkhead Protein FoxO1 at S253 Regulates Glucose Homeostasis in Mice. MOLECULAR ENDOCRINOLOGY. 160(5), 1333-1347.