Xiaoning Qian's research interests include machine learning and Bayesian experimental design as well as their applications in computational network biology, genomic signal processing, and biomedical signal and image analysis. He is affiliated with the Center for Bioinformatics and Genomic Systems Engineering and the Center for Translational Environmental Health Research at Texas A&M.
- Lei, B., Kirk, T. Q., Bhattacharya, A., Pati, D., Qian, X., Arroyave, R., & Mallick, B. K. (2021). Bayesian optimization with adaptive surrogate models for automated experimental design. npj Computational Materials. 7(1), 194.
- Shakur, A. H., Huang, S., Qian, X., & Chang, X. (2021). SURVFIT: Doubly sparse rule learning for survival data.. J Biomed Inform. 117, 103691-103691.
- Karbalayghareh, A., Qian, X., & Dougherty, E. R. (2021). Optimal Bayesian Transfer Learning for Count Data.. IEEE/ACM Trans Comput Biol Bioinform. 18(2), 644-655.
- Nagashima, Y., He, K., Singh, J., Metrani, R., Crosby, K. M., Jifon, J., ... Koiwa, H. (2021). Transition of aromatic volatile and transcriptome profiles during melon fruit ripening.. Plant Sci. 304, 110809-110809.
- Yoon, B., Qian, X., & Dougherty, E. R. (2021). Quantifying the Multi-Objective Cost of Uncertainty. IEEE Access. 9, 80351-80359.
- Dehghannasiri, R., Qian, X., & Dougherty, E. R. (2019). Robust Smoothing for State-Space Models with Unknown Noise Statistics. 2018 52nd Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, 2018 52nd Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers. 00, 1024-1028.
- Zamani Dadaneh, S., Zhou, M., & Qian, X. (2018). Covariate-dependent negative binomial factor analysis of RNA sequencing data.. Bioinformatics. 34(13), i61-i69.
- Hajiramezanali, E., Dadaneh, S. Z., Zhou, M., Karbalayghareh, A., & Qian, X. (2018). Bayesian multi-domain learning for cancer subtype discovery from next-generation sequencing count data. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems. 2018-December, 9115-9124.
- Karbalayghareh, A., Qian, X., & Dougherty, E. R. (2018). Optimal Bayesian Transfer Learning for Classifying Multivariate Gaussian Observations. 2018 New York Scientific Data Summit (NYSDS), 2018 New York Scientific Data Summit (NYSDS). 00, 1-4.
- Boluki, S., Zamani Dadaneh, S., Qian, X., & Dougherty, E. R. (2018). Optimal Clustering with Missing Values. Proceedings of the 2018 ACM International Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics, BCB '18: 9th ACM International Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Health Informatics. 593-594.
Repository Documents / Preprints2
- Wells, K., He, K., Pandey, A., Cabello, A., Zhang, D., Yang, J., ... de Figueiredo, P. (2021). Diverse pathogens activate the host RIDD pathway to subvert BLOS1-directed immune defense.
- Niu, P., Soto, M. J., Yoon, B., Dougherty, E. R., Alexander, F. J., Blaby, I., & Qian, X. (2021). TRIMER: Transcription Regulation Integrated with MEtabolic Regulation.
- Wang, Zhou (2016-12). Structured Rule Discovery from Heterogeneous Longitudinal Data for Complex Disease. (Master's Thesis)
- Wan, Qing (2016-05). Directed Information and Its Biomedical Applications. (Master's Thesis)
- Lu, Meng (2015-12). Probabilistic Models for Aggregate Analysis of Non-Gaussian Data in Biomedicine. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Wang, Yijie (2015-08). Module Identification for Biological Networks. (Doctoral Dissertation)