The research in our laboratory focuses on advanced materials and processes for sustainable energy and clean environment. Our group is specialized in synthesis of nanomaterials and multifunctional materials, catalysis and photocatalysis, carbon capture and conversion, natural gas utilization, solar photochemical and thermochemical processes, rechargeable batteries, membrane technology (wastewater treatment, desalination, drinking water purification), and aerosol engineering. For example, we have designed multifunctional nanomaterials to catalytically convert CO2 and water to syngas under solar irradiation, which can be further processed to produce liquid fuels. We also perform advanced microscopic and spectroscopic studies to understand materials properties, interfaces and surface chemistry.
- Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering Sciences, University of Florida - (Gainesville, Florida, United States) 2007
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University - (Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States) 2004
- M.E. in Thermal Engineering, Zhejiang University - (Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China) 2002
- B.E. in Thermal Engineering, Zhejiang University - (Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China) 1999
- Fan, T., Deng, W., Feng, X., Pan, F., & Li, Y. (2020). An integrated electrocoagulation – Electrocatalysis water treatment process using stainless steel cathodes coated with ultrathin TiO2 nanofilms. CHEMOSPHERE. 254, 126776-126776.
- Deng, W., Li, C., Pan, F., & Li, Y. (2019). Efficient oil/water separation by a durable underwater superoleophobic mesh membrane with TiO2 coating via biomineralization. SEPARATION AND PURIFICATION TECHNOLOGY. 222, 35-44.
- Xiang, X., Pan, F., Du, Z., Feng, X., Gao, C., & Li, Y. (2019). MgAl-layered double hydroxide flower arrays grown on carbon paper for efficient electrochemical sensing of nitrite. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry. 855, 113632-113632.
- Scott, T., Zhao, H., Deng, W., Feng, X., & Li, Y. (2019). Photocatalytic degradation of phenol in water under simulated sunlight by an ultrathin MgO coated Ag/TiO2 nanocomposite. CHEMOSPHERE. 216, 1-8.
- Pan, F., Li, B., Deng, W., Du, Z., Gang, Y., Wang, G., & Li, Y. (2019). Promoting electrocatalytic CO2 reduction on nitrogen-doped carbon with sulfur addition. Applied Catalysis B Environmental. 252, 240-249.
- Feng, X., Pan, F., & Li, Y. (2019). New surface engineering strategy to promote photocatalytic CO2 reduction by TiO2 photocatalysts. ACS Photonics. 257,
- Li, Y., Pan, F., Wang, G., & Wu, G. (2019). Unveiling active sites of CO2 reduction on nitrogen coordinated single atomic iron and cobalt catalysts. ACS Photonics. 257,
- Zhang, Q., Liu, L., & Li, Y. (2012). Solar Activated Photocatalytic Conversion of CO2 and Water to Fuels by TiO2-Based Nanocomposites. 5-7.
- Romero, C. E., Li, Y., Bilirgen, H., Sarunac, N., & Levy, E. K. (2006). Modification of boiler operating conditions for mercury emissions reductions in coal-fired utility boilers. Fuel. 85(2), 204-212.
- Deng, Wei (2019-08). Development of Advanced Photocatalysis and Membranes for Wastewater Treatment. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Scott, Tyler Andrew (2017-12). PHOTOCATALYTIC DEGRADATION OF PHENOL IN WATER BY SILVER/TITANIUM DIOXIDE NANORODS COATED WITH AN ULTRATHIN MAGNESIUM OXIDE LAYER. (Master's Thesis)
- Zheng, Xiaoyu (2017-12). Plasmonic Gold Nanoparticle as Surface Loading for Carbon Dioxide Reduction on Titanium Dioxide Photocatalyst with Aluminium Oxide Interlayer. (Master's Thesis)
- Zhao, Huilei (2017-08). Innovative Nanomaterials for Efficient CO2 Photocatalytic Conversion to Fuels. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Trzaskos, Jacob David (2017-05). Photothermal CO2 Reforming Of CH4 by Concentrated Sunlight. (Master's Thesis)