Bissett, Wesley individual record
Associate Professor and Director
- Associate Professor and Director, Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
education and training
- Ph.D. in Veterinary Microbiology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2007
- D.V.M. in Veterinary Medicine, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1997
- Bissett, W., Huston, C., & Navarre, C. B. (2018). Preparation and Response for Flooding Events in Beef Cattle. Veterinary Clinics of North America Food Animal Practice. 34(2), 309-324.
- Serafini, R., Varner, D. D., Bissett, W., Blanchard, T. L., Teague, S. R., & Love, C. C. (2017). The effect of flash-freezing temperature on stallion sperm DNA structure. Theriogenology. 95, 113-117.
- Spengler, J. R., Stonecipher, S., McManus, C., Hughes-Garza, H., Dow, M., Zoran, D. L., ... Behravesh, C. B. (2015). Management of a pet dog after exposure to a human patient with Ebola virus disease.. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 247(5), 531-538.
- Serafini, R., Varner, D. D., Bissett, W., Blanchard, T. L., Teague, S. R., & Love, C. C. (2015). Sperm DNA quality evaluated by comet assay and sperm chromatin structure assay in stallions after unilateral orchiectomy. Theriogenology. 84(5), 833-837.
- Thompson, J. A., Bissett, W. T., & Sweeney, A. M. (2014). Evaluating geostatistical modeling of exceedance probability as the first step in disease cluster investigations: very low birth weights near toxic Texas sites. Environmental Health. 13(1), 47.
- Sprake, P., Roussel, A. J., Stewart, R., & Bissett, W. T. (2012). THE EFFECT OF AMMONIUM CHLORIDE TREATMENT AS A LONG TERM PREVENTATIVE APPROACH FOR UROLITHIASIS IN GOATS AND A COMPARISON OF CONTINUOUS AND PULSE DOSING REGIMES. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 26(3), 760-760.
in the news
- Veterinary Emergency Team Returns From California Deployment Texas A&M Today October 29, 2020
- Texas A&M VET Mobile Team Deploying To California To Assist With Wildfire Relief Texas A&M Today September 25, 2020
- Texas A&M Veterinary Emergency Team Deployed To Jefferson County To Support Laura Recovery Texas A&M Today August 26, 2020
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
Texas A&M University; Large Animal Clinical Sciences; 4457 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4475