Zilany, Muhammad Shamsul Arefeen individual record
Instructional Assistant Professor
- Instructional Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University at Qatar, Texas A&M University
The goal of our study is to understand the neural mechanisms underlying the perception of complex sounds. We use a comprehensive approach of combining neurophysiological, behavioral, and computational modeling techniques towards that goal. We are interested in applying the results from these studies to the design of physiologically based signal-processing strategies to aid listeners with hearing loss.
- Mamun, N., Zilany, M., Hansen, J., & Davies-Venn, E. E. (2021). An intrusive method for estimating speech intelligibility from noisy and distorted signals.. J Acoust Soc Am. 150(3), 1762-1778.
- Kwan, T., Zilany, M., Davies-Venn, E., & Abdul Wahab, A. K. (2019). Modeling the effects of medial olivocochlear efferent stimulation at the level of the inferior colliculus.. Exp Brain Res. 237(6), 1479-1491.
- Hossain, M. E., Zilany, M., & Davies-Venn, E. (2019). On the feasibility of using a bispectral measure as a nonintrusive predictor of speech intelligibility. COMPUTER SPEECH AND LANGUAGE. 57, 59-80.
- Bruce, I. C., Erfani, Y., & Zilany, M. (2018). A phenomenological model of the synapse between the inner hair cell and auditory nerve: Implications of limited neurotransmitter release sites.. Hear Res. 360, 40-54.
- Salimi, N., Zilany, M., & Carney, L. H. (2017). Modeling Responses in the Superior Paraolivary Nucleus: Implications for Forward Masking in the Inferior Colliculus.. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 18(3), 441-456.
- Alam, M. S., Zilany, M., & Davies-Venn, E. (2017). Effects of Speech-Shaped Noise on Consonant Recognition in Malay. 2017 IEEE REGION 10 HUMANITARIAN TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE (R10-HTC), 2017 IEEE Region 10 Humanitarian Technology Conference (R10-HTC). 22-25.
- Fatin, I. A., Khatijah, L. A., Zilany, M., Zuheir, A. Z., Ong, S. H., & Tan, M. P. (2016). The Effect of Hearing Augmentation on Cognitive Assessment Scores: A Pilot Crossover Randomized Controlled Trial. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR INNOVATION IN BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING AND LIFE SCIENCES, ICIBEL2015. 56, 24-29.
- Ming, T., Onn, L. C., & Zilany, M. (2014). Comodulation Masking Release: A Study Using a Computational Model of the Auditory Periphery. 2014 International Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ISPACS). 84-87.
- Zilany, M., & Bruce, I. C. (2007). Predictions of speech intelligibility with a model of the normal and impaired auditory-periphery. 2007 3RD INTERNATIONAL IEEE/EMBS CONFERENCE ON NEURAL ENGINEERING, VOLS 1 AND 2, 2007 3rd International IEEE/EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering. 481-+.
recent teaching activities
- ECEN214 Elec Circuit Theory Instructor
- ECEN215 Prin Of Electrical Engr Instructor
- ECEN248 Intro To Dgtl Sym Dsgn Instructor
- ECEN325 Electronics Instructor
- ECEN350 Computer Arch & Design Instructor
Muhammad Shamsul Arefeen