education and training
- Florida State University - (Tallahassee, Florida, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2017
- Ph.D. in Special Education, University of Ljubljana - (Ljubljana, Slovenia) 2015
- B.A. in English and German Language and Literature, University of Ljubljana - (Ljubljana, Slovenia) 2003
- Erbeli, F., Peng, P., & Rice, M. (2021). No Evidence of Creative Benefit Accompanying Dyslexia: A Meta-Analysis.. Journal of Learning Disabilities. 222194211010350-002221942110103.
- Erbeli, F., & Rice, M. (2021). Examining the Effects of Silent Independent Reading on Reading Outcomes: A Narrative Synthesis Review from 2000 to 2020. Reading and Writing Quarterly: overcoming learning difficulties. 1-19.
- Erbeli, F., & Joshi, R. M. (2020). Simple view of reading among Slovenian English foreign language learners: A latent interaction modeling approach. Learning and Individual Differences: journal of psychology and education. 101958-101958.
- Erbeli, F., Bergen, E., & Hart, S. A. (2020). Unraveling the Relation Between Reading Comprehension and Print Exposure. CHILD DEVELOPMENT. 91(5), 1548-1562.
- Erbeli, F., Shi, Q., Campbell, A. R., Hart, S. A., & Woltering, S. (2020). Developmental dynamics between reading and math in elementary school. Developmental Science. 24(1), e13004.
- Erbeli, F., & Pizorn, K. (2013). Assessment accommodations in English as a foreign language (EFL) reading competence for Slovene EFL students with specific reading differences. Tsagari, D., & Spanoudis, G. (Eds.), Assessing L2 Students with Learning and Other Disabilities. (pp. 189-206). Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Hart, S., Daucourt, M., Little, C., Erbeli, F., & Haughbrook, R. (2019). Using meta-analysis to answer unique questions about the nature and nurture of reading ability. Behav Genet. 49(6), 490-490.
- Hart, S., Erbeli, F., Davis, O., & Taylor, J. (2017). Visualizing the nature and nurture of reading comprehension: geocoding a large diverse twin sample. Behav Genet. 47(6), 645-645.
awards and honors
- CEHD Early Career Research Excellence Award conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - College level early career research award for significant contributions to research in the field 2021
- Department of Educational Psychology Outstanding Research Award conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - Departmental award for research contributions and impact 2020
- The Janette Klingner Award conferred by International Academy for Research in Learning Disabilities - For best poster at IARLD Conference 2015
recent teaching activities