education and training
- Florida State University - (Tallahassee, Florida, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2017
- Ph.D. in Special Education, University of Ljubljana - (Ljubljana, Slovenia) 2015
- B.A. in English and German Language and Literature, University of Ljubljana - (Ljubljana, Slovenia) 2003
- Erbeli, F., He, K., Cheek, C., Rice, M., & Xiaoning, Q. (2023). Exploring the machine learning paradigm in determining risk for reading disability.. Scientific Studies of Reading. 1-13.
- Rice, M., Erbeli, F., & Wijekumar, K. (2023). Phonemic awareness: Evidence-based instruction for students in need of intervention. Intervention in School and Clinic. 1-10.
- Rice, M., Erbeli, F., Thompson, C. G., Sallese, M., & Fogarty, M. (2022). Phonemic awareness: A meta-analysis for planning effective instruction. Reading Research Quarterly. 1-40.
- Erbeli, F., & Rice, M. (2022). Examining the Effects of Silent Independent Reading on Reading Outcomes: A Narrative Synthesis Review from 2000 to 2020. Reading & Writing Quarterly. 38(3), 253-271.
- Little, C. W., Erbeli, F., Francis, D. J., & Tynan, J. (2022). Developmental trajectories for literacy and math skills from primary to secondary school. Journal of Research in Reading. 45(1), 65-82.
- Erbeli, F., & Pizorn, K. (2013). Assessment accommodations in English as a foreign language (EFL) reading competence for Slovene EFL students with specific reading differences. Tsagari, D., & Spanoudis, G. (Eds.), Assessing L2 Students with Learning and Other Disabilities. 189-206. Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Hart, S., Daucourt, M., Little, C., Erbeli, F., & Haughbrook, R. (2019). Using meta-analysis to answer unique questions about the nature and nurture of reading ability. BEHAVIOR GENETICS. 49(6), 490-490.
- Hart, S., Erbeli, F., Davis, O., & Taylor, J. (2017). Visualizing the nature and nurture of reading comprehension: geocoding a large diverse twin sample. BEHAVIOR GENETICS. 47(6), 645-645.
awards and honors
- Meta-Analysis Training Institute Fellowship conferred by Institute of Education Sciences - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) - Fellowship to support participation in the 6-day meta-analysis workshop in Chicago, IL 2022
- CEHD Early Career Research Excellence Award conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - College level early career research award for significant contributions to research in the field 2021
- Early Career Award for Contributions to Research conferred by International Dyslexia Association - (Baltimore, Maryland, United States) - For innovative research that has a positive impact on the lives of individuals with dyslexia 2021
- Department of Educational Psychology Outstanding Research Award conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - Departmental award for research contributions and impact 2020
recent teaching activities