I am interested in theoretical and methodological problems in literary and cultural history such as: periodization; history of authorship; history and sociology of the book; epistemology of reading; history of the literary field; British culture, 1660-1832. My next project traces two key words, epistrophē andénonciation, as a way of approaching the history of subjectivity in the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries and in our current moment.
- Ph.D. in English Language and Literature, Yale University - (New Haven, Connecticut, United States) 1985
- M.Phil. in English Language and Literature, Yale University - (New Haven, Connecticut, United States) 1982
- M.A. in English Language and Literature, Yale University - (New Haven, Connecticut, United States) 1980
- B.A. in English and Classics, Tel Aviv University - (Tel Aviv, Israel) 1979
- Griffin, R. J. (2010). Did Defoe write Roxana? does it matter?. Philological Quarterly. 89(2-3), 255-262.
- Griffin, R. J. (2007). Working with Anonymity: A Theory of Theory vs. Archive. Literature Compass. 0(0), 070305064310001-???.
- Griffin, R. J. (2005). The text in motion: Eighteenth-century roxanas. ELH - English Literary History. 72(2), 387-406.
- Griffin, R. J. (2004). Fact, fiction, and anonymity: Reading love and madness: A story too true (1780). Eighteenth-Century Fiction. 16(4), 619-637.
- Griffin, R. J. (2001). The age of \"the age of\" is over: Johnson and new versions of the late eighteenth century. Modern Language Quarterly. 62(4), 377-391.
- Griffin, R. J. (2005). ELH Essays in Honor of Ronald Paulson.
- Griffin, R. J. (2003). The Faces of Anonymity Anonymous and Pseudonymous Publication from the Sixteenth to the Twentieth Century. Macmillan.
- Griffin, R. (1999). Anonymity and Authorship. Project Muse.
- Griffin, R. J. (1995). Wordsworth's Pope A Study in Literary Historiography. Cambridge University Press.
- Griffin, R. J. (2006). The Oxford Encyclopedia of British Literature. Kastan, D. S. (Eds.), The Oxford Encyclopedia of British Literature. Oxford University Press.
- Griffin, R. J. (2005). Wordsworth's Horse (MS. W). Elam, H. R., & Ferguson, F. (Eds.), The Wordsworthian Enlightenment Romantic Poetry and the Ecology of Reading. JOhn Wiley & Sons.
- Griffin, R. J. (2004). A Note on the Texts. Hawes, C. (Eds.), Gulliver's Travels and Other Writings Complete Text with Introduction, Historical Context, Critical Essays. (pp. 32-32). Houghton Mifflin College Division.
- Lameborshi, Eralda L (2017-05). World Literature and the Postcolonial: Historical Narratives of the Ottoman Empire in the Literature and Cinema of Southeastern Europe. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Del Hierro, Victor J (2013-08). The Emcee's Site of Enunciation: Exploring the Dialectic Between Authorship and Readership in Hip Hop. (Master's Thesis)
- Nichols, Garrett Wedekind (2013-08). Rural Drag: Settler Colonialism and the Queer Rhetorics of Rurality. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Osbourne, Lacie (2012-08). The \"Improperly Educated\" Woman in British Novels, 1790-1801. (Doctoral Dissertation)