Dr. Park has over 21 years of experience in conducting advanced research on environmental concerns and transportation-related statistics issues. Her expertise includes environmental modeling and assessment of health effects of multiple air pollutants, modeling and analysis of transportation data, high-dimensional data analysis, latent variable models and factor analysis, spatial-temporal modeling and analysis, Bayesian hierarchical modeling, Bayesian model selection, and uncertainty assessment. Dr. Park has led air pollution research projects for developing enhanced statistical methods for assessing health effects of multiple air pollutants and for estimating traffic-related air pollution. She is currently developing Bayesian hierarchical models accounting for exposure measurement errors to estimate associations between ambient pollutants and cognitive decline for the NIH-funded study. Dr. Park has also been leading modeling and data analysis tasks in many transportation research studies for Federal Highway Administration, National Cooperative Highway Research Program, Texas Department of Transportation, Transit Cooperative Research Program, and Bureau of Transportation Statistics.
Dr. Park has authored or co-authored over 110 refereed journal papers or technical reports as well as a transportation statistics textbook titled 'Transportation Statistics and Microsimulation'. She was the recipient of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) Pedestrian Committee Outstanding Paper awards in 2006 and in 2009, the TTI/Trinity Researcher Award in 2010, and is the winner of the 2010 Patricia F. Waller Award (TRB), the 2011 D. Grant Mickle Award (TRB), and the 2019 TRB Paratransit Committee Best Paper Award.
Dr. Park is Fellow of the American Statistical Association (ASA), Elected Member of the International Statistical Institute (ISI), Member of the TRB Statistical Methods Committee, and Editor for Statistics of the journal Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems.
- University of Washington - (Seattle, Washington, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2000
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1997
- M.S. in Statistics, Seoul National University - (Seoul, South Korea) 1992
- B.S. in Computer Science & Statistics, Seoul National University - (Seoul, South Korea) 1990
- Park, E. S., Sullivan, D. W., Kang, D. H., Ying, Q. i., & Spiegelman, C. H. (2020). Assessment of mobile source contributions in El Paso by PMF receptor modeling coupled with wind direction analysis. Science of The Total Environment. 720, 137527-137527.
- Tan, S., Park, E. S., & Hwang, J. (2019). Impact of Fare Policy Changes on Paratransit Travel Options: METROLift Case Study. CONSTRUCTION 2006. 2673(8), 036119811984212-036119811984212.
- Park, E. S., Carlson, P. J., & Pike, A. (2019). Safety effects of wet-weather pavement markings. ACCIDENT ANALYSIS AND PREVENTION. 133, 105271-105271.
- Park, E. S., & Sener, I. N. (2019). Traffic-related air emissions in Houston: Effects of light-rail transit. Science of The Total Environment. 651(Pt 1), 154-161.
- Park, E. S., & Oh, M. (2018). Accounting for uncertainty in source-specific exposures in the evaluation of health effects of pollution sources on daily cause-specific mortality. ENVIRONMETRICS. 29(1), e2484-e2484.
- Robertson, J., Fitzpatrick, K., Park, E. S., & Iragavarapu, V. (2014). Determining Level of Service on Freeways and Multilane Highways with Higher Speeds. Sage Publications.
- Fitzpatrick, K., Park, E. S., Kuo, P., Robertson, J., & Brewer, M. A. (2014). Effects of Geometric and Traffic Variables on Double Left-Turn Lane Operations. Sage Publications.
- Park, E. S. (2010). Transportation Statistics and Microsimulation.
- Tauler, R., Paatero, P., Henry, R. C., Spiegelman, C., Park, E. S., Poirot, R. L., ... Hopke, P. K. (2008). Chapter Fiveteen Identification, Resolution and Apportionment of Contamination Sources. Elsevier.
- Cucalon, L. G., Martin, A. E., Arambula, E., Yin, F., Estakhri, C. K., Park, E. S., & Epps, J. (2014). Moisture susceptibility of Warm-Mix Asphalt. 1, 691-700.
- Yin, F., Cucalon, L. G., Martin, A. E., Arambula, E., & Park, E. S. (2014). Performance evolution of Hot-Mix and Warm-Mix asphalt with field and laboratory aging. 2005 Journal of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists: From the Proceedings of the Technical Sessions, Vol 74. 83(January), 109-141.
- Yin, F., Cucalon, L. G., Martin, A. E., Arambula, E., Chowdhury, A., Park, E. S., & DEStech Publicat, I. (2013). Laboratory Conditioning Protocols for Warm-Mix Asphalt. 2005 Journal of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists: From the Proceedings of the Technical Sessions, Vol 74. 82, 177-211.
- Yin, F., Cucalon, L. G., Martin, A. E., Arambula, E., Chowdhury, A., & Park, E. S. (2013). Laboratory conditioning protocols for Warm-Mix Asphalt. 2005 Journal of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists: From the Proceedings of the Technical Sessions, Vol 74. 82, 177-211.
- Choi, K., Chung, K., Park, E. S., & Pyeon, J. H. (2011). Stochastic modeling for quantifying optimal incentive amounts of early project completion. 225-226.