My research interests surround children's peer relations. Specifically, I am interested in exploring peer-directed aggression in ethnic/minority populations and females and the relation between peer-directed aggression and childrens psychological/social adjustment, academic achievement, and familial risk and protective factors. I am also interested in the application of multivariate analytic approaches to clinical and developmental research.
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology, University of Georgia - (Athens, Georgia, United States) 2007
- M.Ed. in Educational Psychology, University of Georgia - (Athens, Georgia, United States) 2003
- B.S. in Psychology, University of Georgia - (Athens, Georgia, United States) 2000
- Winters, R. R., Blake, J. J., & Chen, S. (2020). Bully Victimization Among Children With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: A Longitudinal Examination of Behavioral Phenotypes. Journal of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders. 28(2), 80-91.
- Smith, D. M., Blake, J. J., Luo, W., Keith, V. M., & Gilreath, T. (2020). Subtypes of Girls Who Engage in Serious Delinquency and Their Young Adult Outcomes. Psychology of Women Quarterly. 44(3), 403-416.
- Smith, D., Ortiz, N. A., Blake, J. J., Marchbanks, M., Unni, A., & Peguero, A. A. (2020). Tipping Point: Effect of the Number of In-school Suspensions on Academic Failure. Contemporary School Psychology. 1-10.
- Vaughan-Jensen, J., Smith, D. M., Blake, J. J., Keith, V. M., & Willson, V. K. (2020). Breaking the Cycle of Child Maltreatment and Intimate Partner Violence: The Effects of Student Gender and Caring Relationships with Teachers. Journal of Aggression Maltreatment & Trauma. 29(2), 1-19.
- Mendoza, M., Blake, J. J., Marchbanks, M. P., & Ragan, K. (2020). Race, Gender, and Disability and the Risk for Juvenile Justice Contact. The Journal of Special Education. 53(4), 226-235.
- Curby, T. W., Berke, E., Alfonso, V. C., Blake, J. J., DeMarie, D., DuPaul, G. J., ... Subotnik, R. F. (2018). Transition Practices into Kindergarten and the Barriers Teachers Encounter. Kindergarten Transition and Readiness. (pp. 249-264). Springer International Publishing.
- Blake, J. J., Smith, D. M., Marchbanks, M. P., Seibert, A. L., Wood, S. M., & Kim, E. S. (2016). Does Student–Teacher Racial/Ethnic Match Impact Black Students’ Discipline Risk? A Test of the Cultural Synchrony Hypothesis. Skiba, R. J., Mediratta, K., & Rausch, M. K. (Eds.), Inequality in School Discipline. (pp. 79-98). Palgrave Macmillan US.
- Marchbanks, M. P., Blake, J. J., Booth, E. A., Carmichael, D., Seibert, A., & Fabelo, T. (2015). The Economic Effects of Exclusionary Discipline on Grade Retention and High School Dropout. Losen, D. J. (Eds.), Closing the School Discipline Gap Equitable Remedies for Excessive Exclusion. (pp. 59-74). Teachers College Press.
- Unni, Asha (2020-08). Experiences of Perceived Discrimination Among Asian Indian Youth: A Mixed-Methods Study. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lavadia, Courtney Nicole (2020-08). The Impact of Self-Reported Adolescent Strengths on Therapeutic Alliance and Psychotherapy Outcomes. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mendoza, Martin (2020-08). Exclusionary Discipline Practices Effect on Hispanic Students and the Risk for Juvenile Justice Contact. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Smith, Danielle Marie (2018-08). Girls Who Engage In Delinquency: Adolescent Subtypes and Young Adult Outcomes. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Winters, Rebecca Rose (2017-08). Bully Victimization among Children with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: The Longitudinal Influence of Behavioral Phenotypes. (Doctoral Dissertation)