education and training
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign - (Urbana, Illinois, United States)
- B.S. in Fish & Wildlife Management, and Biology, Montana State University - (Bozeman, Montana, United States)
- M.S. in Applied Economics, Montana State University - (Bozeman, Montana, United States)
- Chavez, D. E., Palma, M. A., Nayga, R. M., & Mjelde, J. W. (2020). Product availability in discrete choice experiments with private goods. JOURNAL OF CHOICE MODELLING. 36, 100225-100225.
- Mjelde, J. W., Dudensing, R. M., Battista, G., Brooks, J., Carrillo, M., Counsil, B., ... Pyrialakou, V. D. (2020). Rural Transportation Conference Participants’ Opinions and Concerns Pertaining to Transit for Older Adults. SAGE OPEN. 10(2), 2158244020924036-215824402092403.
- Binder, K. E., Pourahmadi, M., & Mjelde, J. W. (2020). The role of temporal dependence in factor selection and forecasting oil prices. Empirical Economics. 58(3), 1185-1223.
- Lee, C., Mjelde, J. W., Kim, T., Lee, E., & Choi, Y. (2019). Willingness-to-pay for whale tour attributes using a choice experiment. ASIA PACIFIC JOURNAL OF TOURISM RESEARCH. 24(6), 606-617.
- Duangnate, K., & Mjelde, J. W. (2019). Prequential forecasting in the presence of structure breaks in natural gas spot markets. Empirical Economics. 1-22.
- Rosenzweig, C., Hill, H., Butler, D., Fuller, S. W., Hammer, G., Holzworth, D., ... Rosenthal, W. (2001). Effects of Seasonal Climate Variability and the Use of Climate Forecasts on Wheat Supply in the United States, Australia, and Canada. IMPACTS OF EL NINO AND CLIMATE VARIABILITY ON AGRICULTURE, PROCEEDINGS. Impacts of El Niño and Climate Variability on Agriculture. American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America, and Soil Science Society of America.
- Peck, D. E., Wolfley, J. L., Mjelde, J. W., Kline-felter, D. A., & Rosenthal, W. (2008). Machinery Sharing as a Risk Reduction Method for Agribusiness Firms. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics. 33(3), 488-488.
- Hill, H., Butler, D., Fuller, S. W., Hammer, G., Holzworth, D., Love, H. A., ... Rosenthal, W. (2001). Effects of Seasonal Climate Variability and the Use of Climate Forecasts on Wheat Supply in the United States, Australia, and Canada. IMPACTS OF EL NINO AND CLIMATE VARIABILITY ON AGRICULTURE, PROCEEDINGS. (63), 101-123.
- Hill, H., Park, J. H., Mjelde, J. W., Love, H. A., & Fuller, S. W. (1998). The value of El Nino forecast methods for US winter wheat producers: Do they differ?. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 80(5), 1188-1188.
- Funk, R. D., Mjelde, J. W., Hons, F. M., & Saladino, V. A. (1996). An economic analysis of a corn soybean crop rotation under various fertilizer; Insecticide, and herbicide input combinations.. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 78(5), 1412-1412.
- Hill, H., Mjelde, J. W., & Rosenthal, W. (1996). Improved climate forecast accuracy: Potential implications for the aggregate Texas sorghum supply curve.. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 78(5), 1405-1405.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Binder, Kyle Edwin (2016-05). The Past, Present, and Future of the U.S. Electric Power Sector: Examining Regulatory Changes Using Multivariate Time Series Approaches. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Duangnate, Kannika (2015-12). Essays on the Dynamics of and Forecasting Ability within the U.S. Energy Sector. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Regmi, Ganesh (2015-05). Dynamic Relationships Between Immigrants and US Gross Domestic Product Using A Vector Error Correction Model (VECM). (Master's Thesis)
- Reynolds, Kenneth R (2015-05). Athletic Success and Contributions to Universities' Athletic Departments. (Master's Thesis)
- Rowland, Christopher Scott (2013-12). Essays on Oil, Energy, and Oil Self-Sufficiency in the U.S.. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Agricultural Economics; 2124 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2124