Harness, Nathaniel individual record
Instructional Associate Professor
- Instructional Associate Professor, Agricultural Economics, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Dr. Harness manages the curriculum, enrollment, and development of the financial planning minor and certificate program in financial planning. He teaches courses in investments, introductions to financial planning, retirement planning, and financial planning capstone and has lectured internationally on global financial risk and international investing. He has published research on household heuristics, wealth accumulation, and retirement planning
education and training
- Ph.D. in Personal Financial Planning, Texas Tech University - (Amarillo, Texas, United States) 2007
- M.S. in Finance, Texas Tech University - (Amarillo, Texas, United States) 2004
- B.A. in Finance, University of Central Arkansas - (Conway, Arkansas, United States) 2001
- Harness, N. J., Chatterjee, S., & Salter, J (2014). Financial planning for the middle market. Journal of Financial Planning. 27(4), 48-54.
- Harness, N. J., Edelman, D., & Loving, A. C (2013). Estate Planning Opportunities in 2012 and Beyond. GSTF Journal on Business Review. 2(3), 1-3.
- Chatterjee, S., Salter, J. R., & Harness, N. J (2012). Annuitization decisions of retirees: The role of risk aversion and financial advice. Review of Economic and Business Studies (REBS). 5(1), 35-52.
- Loving, A. C., & Harness, N. J (2012). Financial Planning for the Prince and the Pauper: A commentary on very different skill sets, tools, and time constraints. GSTF Journal on Business Review. 1(3), 31-32.
- Loving, A. C., Harness, N. J., & Winchester, D (2012). Finishing School: Integrating sales skills and product knowledge into financial planning education. GSTF Journal on Business Review. 1(3), 96-98.
recent teaching activities
- AGEC435 Finc Plan For Prof Instructor
- AGEC438 Investment Planning Instructor
- AGEC441 Financial Planning Capstone Instructor
- AGEC485 Directed Studies Instructor
- AGLS435 Finc Plan For Prof Instructor
Texas A&M University; Agricultural Economics; 2124 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2124