The main goal of our laboratory is to understand the molecular mechanisms of cardiac muscle dynamics in normal and diseased states. Particularly, our interests focus on the relationships between thin filament activation and crossbridge kinetics, and how the mechanotransduction signaling transmits to myofilament activation. We use multiple techniques, molecular, cellular, biochemistry, structural and biophysical, to obtain information on the fundamental regulatory mechanisms of cardiac muscle contraction.
- University of Cincinnati - (Cincinnati, Ohio, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1994
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Madurai Kamaraj University - (Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India) 1989
- M.Sc. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Madurai Kamaraj University - (Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India) 1983
- B.Sc. in Chemistry, Madurai Kamaraj University - (Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India) 1980
- Lee, Y., Chakraborty, S., & Muthuchamy, M. (2020). Roles of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPase pump in the impairments of lymphatic contractile activity in a metabolic syndrome rat model. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. 10(1), 12320.
- Al-Kofahi, M., Omura, S., Tsunoda, I., Sato, F., Becker, F., Gavins, F., ... Alexander, J. S. (2018). IL-1β reduces cardiac lymphatic muscle contraction via COX-2 and PGE2 induction: Potential role in myocarditis. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy. 107, 1591-1600.
- Lee, Y., Chakraborty, S., Meininger, C. J., & Muthuchamy, M. (2018). Insulin resistance disrupts cell integrity, mitochondrial function, and inflammatory signaling in lymphatic endothelium. Microcirculation. 25(7), e12492-e12492.
- Lopez Gelston, C. A., Balasubbramanian, D., Abouelkheir, G. R., Lopez, A. H., Hudson, K. R., Johnson, E. R., ... Rutkowski, J. M. (2018). Enhancing Renal Lymphatic Expansion Prevents Hypertension in Mice. Circulation Research. 122(8), 1094-1101.
- Wu, X., Muthuchamy, M., & Reddy, D. S. (2017). Atomic force microscopy investigations of fibronectin and α5β1-integrin signaling in neuroplasticity and seizure susceptibility in experimental epilepsy. Epilepsy Research. 138, 71-80.