- Associate Professor, Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Over the past six years I have established a fully equipped and independent cell biology lab. We have developed techniques to isolate and characterize adult MSCs from a variety of species (humans, dogs, pigs, and rabbits). We are currently defining the molecular mechanisms of human and canine MSC invasion in three-dimensional collagen matrices, as well as the role of the extracellular matrix in differentiation of MSCs.
- Ph.D. in Vascular Biology, Texas A&M Health Science Center - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2005
- D.V.M. in Veterinary Medicine, Texas A&M University - Commerce - (Commerce, Texas, United States) 2001
- B.S. in Veterinary Science, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1997
- Huggins, S. S., Suchodolski, J. S., Bearden, R. N., Steiner, J. M., & Saunders, W. B. (2015). Serum concentrations of canine interleukin-1 receptor antagonist protein in healthy dogs after incubation using an autologous serum processing system. Research in Veterinary Science. 101, 28-33.
- Bonin, G. A., Baker, S. T., Davis, C. A., Bergerson, C. M., Hildebrandt, A. A., Hulse, D. A., ... Saunders, W. B. (2014). In Vitro Biomechanical Comparison of 3.5 mm LC‐DCP/Intramedullary Rod and 5 mm Clamp‐Rod Internal Fixator (CRIF)/Intramedullary Rod Fixation in a Canine Femoral Gap Model. VETERINARY SURGERY. 43(7), 860-868.
- Goodrich, Z. J., Norby, B. o., Eichelberger, B. M., Friedeck, W. O., Callis, H. N., Hulse, D. A., ... Saunders, W. B. (2014). Thoracic Limb Alignment in Healthy Labrador Retrievers: Evaluation of Standing Versus Recumbent Frontal Plane Radiography. VETERINARY SURGERY. 43(7), 791-803.
- Raske, M., Hulse, D., Beale, B., Saunders, W. B., Kishi, E., & Kunze, C. (2013). Stabilization of the CORA Based Leveling Osteotomy for Treatment of Cranial Cruciate Ligament Injury Using a Bone Plate Augmented With a Headless Compression Screw. VETERINARY SURGERY. 42(6), 759-764.
- Selmic, L. E., Nelson, D. A., Saunders, A. B., Hobson, H. P., & Saunders, W. B. (2013). An Intrapericardial Technique for PDA Ligation: Surgical Description and Clinical Outcome in 35 Dogs. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN ANIMAL HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION. 49(1), 31-40.
- MacIver, Melissa (2017-05). Optimizing Chondrogenesis of Canine Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Future Use in Treatment of Osteochondral Defects. (Master's Thesis)
- Bearden, Robert Norris (2016-08). Three-Dimensional (3D) Systems in Combination with Multipotent Stromal Cells (MSCs) as a Clinical Option for Tissue Engineering. (Doctoral Dissertation)